cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several hundred $$$ but no postage funds?

Well. As long as I’m stuck at home I might as well ask some questions.

Had a good weekend, everyone paid, yet printing labels yesterday I got a SERIOUSLY confusing notice.

Red, negative balance and a message indicating I had no pending funds to cover postage.

**bleep**?

So I just shipped with my own funds (I can never understand why some sellers freak over this).

Any ideas, though, where I look or at least start, to figure this out?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

no worries....The funds from your recent sales that are "Processing" will become available, and the "negative" balance will be deducted from that amount when it moves to the "Available" mode....usually takes 1 day for in my account, so if you sold 100.00 (processing) and have -5.00 "Available", when it becomes available the amount will be 95.00

I think you can use processing funds to pay for postage by checking the proper box on the shipping page, which of course will throw your "Available" funds into a negative number

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Funds will come from your checking account if there are no pending funds.  You can also use PayPal and the credit card on file as a back up, the choice is at the bottom of the shipping label.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I know. I used PayPal.

My confusion is with why I show a negative balance at all with Ebay, plus no pending funds to apply to postage.

I have plenty of my own money in my account, and a couple hundred dollars just paid by customers.

Andyes, I’m hooked up properly with MP

It makes no sense.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

no worries....The funds from your recent sales that are "Processing" will become available, and the "negative" balance will be deducted from that amount when it moves to the "Available" mode....usually takes 1 day for in my account, so if you sold 100.00 (processing) and have -5.00 "Available", when it becomes available the amount will be 95.00

I think you can use processing funds to pay for postage by checking the proper box on the shipping page, which of course will throw your "Available" funds into a negative number

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@this*old*attic 

Were the funds already sent to your checking account before you bought the labels?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@this*old*atticWere the orders you shipped all on your waiting to be shipped link on your seller hub? Or, if the funds that were pending had already been transferred to your bank account, they might not show in your bank balance for a couple of days. Our account is set up to  automatically use our backup account if there are no pending funds. I can see that you're experienced, so I don't want to insult you, I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

We created a separate bank account and credit card number just for ebay purchases. Accounting had become a nightmare when trying to reconcile bank statements.

Also, did they deduct other fees or services (listing fees, promote item fees,  are there any returns in process?) If none of these apply,  you could send a private message on the ebay for business facebook page. I've had pretty good results with them. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

No, just checked.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

No worries.
I printed from the "waiting to be shipped" tab. I haven't gone to the post office yet because I had other stuff crop up. Point being, I still have the packages. Should I look somewhere different to make sure I'm truly paid?
I have plenty of money in my account for postage.
Frankly, both the workings of MP and using Seller Hub (ack! what is that thing?) are just a big frustrating mystery to me at the moment (only started up selling again last month).
I "think" I'm signed up correctly for MP because I've gotten 2 small deposits from sales in June for items I had never taken down.
However...I had to make a manual payment to eBay in July? Early August? That didn't happen automatically.
Plus I can't find my sold items, or the view I like to work from, or or or.....
VERY frustrated!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

sellers hub>

"all orders"   are your sold items

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

or the view I like to work from, or or or.....

-----------------------------------

@this*old*attic 

I like the real "sellers hub". The one with a dozen, or so squares. YMMV

It can be "customized" to arranged in a way you like, and also hide squares you don't care about. rather than hiding you may prefer to put them lower on the page.

I have mine set up with what I want to/need to deal with at the top when the page opens.

hub setup.jpg

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

If they were Waiting to be shipped, you're good. MP is very confusing. Especially if you've just signed up for it. If you're on your main page Seller Hub, Hover over Payments, then All Transactions. This will show you all of your MP transactions. They don't deposit right away like Paypal did. It can take up to a week for the funds to actually show in your back account.

They were holding funds of ours as well when we were first switched over to MP a year ago. They finally said it was in case we had a return or chargeback. It was their system that was new, not our account, but whatever!

You can also go to your name at the top left of the page, hover, then select Account Settings. That's where we used to go to get our info for each sales order. We do still pay our monthly store fee separately from the MP account.

Check your account - Seller Hub, then hover over Payments, then select  Payout settings. We have ours set up for Daily Payouts. They did make small deposits to our account when we first switched to confirm the account #. We were so used to just leaving a balance in our Paypal account and paid for shipping labels there. Also, we created a new separate bank account and credit card account just for ebay. It was too confusing from an accounting standpoint. I hope this helps!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

Yay! I could work with that! How do I do that? (I'm not very techie, sorry).

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Yes, thanks to both you and buyselljack.

I'll take another look and fiddle around some.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

@buyselljack2016 

Yay! I could work with that! How do I do that? (I'm not very techie, sorry).

Not very techie here either 🙂

When I go to eBay I hover on "my ebay" over on the right, and click on "Selling".

Takes me to the "seller hub" with lots of squares.     Mine, for a while earlier this year, when they switched from the old "all selling" page would open to a "hub" with just 3 squares, but now I am back to the "lots of squares"  view.

This may get you there. May, or may not keep you there.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

More clicking , opening windows, clicking back than the "old all selling" page, but for me a small seller it's OK. I liked the all selling, and screamed 2 years or more ago about the nasty "sellers hub", but now it is second nature to click, see what I want, and work with it.  "Lots o stuff " there. I use what I need, and ignore the rest.

Customize over there on the right. Can undo/redo as needed.

Can hover on the 7 choices to the right of Overview  to select something to see.  Hover on Payments, click transactions to see amount you were paid by the buyer paid, and what eBay fee was.  I do that to put in my ledger, and then move on. That shows the status of the payment. Processing? When expected to be complete. Completed.  Shows the "payouts".  For a payout way on the right click View to see what all was in the "payout"

hub 99.jpg

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@this*old*attic 

This can be something that catches sellers off guard from time to time.  At least until they get use to it.  I encourage ALL sellers to regularly review their MP account in the Seller Hub under the Payment Tab.  The Summary page has important info on it and should be reviewed OFTEN.

As to labels, here is how it works IF you use MP to fund your labels.

When you create a shipping label for one of your sales, the cost of that shipping label will pull from your Available Funds.  Even if it puts your Available funds into a negative balance, it will pull from your Available Funds as long as you have enough Pending Funds to cover the negative balance.  

If your Available Funds balance is in a negative that EXCEEDS what you have in Pending Funds, then they won't let you create labels in Ebay that fund by your MP account.

If you still have items you need to ship out and MP can't cover it right now, switch your payment preference on your Label form to PayPal.  But before you create a label being funded by PP, make sure you have your PP account set up to what you want it to do with the cost of the label.  In the site preferences of your PP account you can have shipping labels funded by your funds in PP or your attached Checking account or via a credit card of your choosing.  So make sure that is set first.

MP Funding a Label with desc.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 18
latest reply