cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an invoice

How do I send an invoice to a Buyer for a sale that's already completed, but where he agreed to pay additional for shipping.  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Send an invoice

You can't charge extra for your error in calculating the cost. That's against the rules.

You must ship for the amount shown in the listing. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Send an invoice

You can't charge extra for your error in calculating the cost. That's against the rules.

You must ship for the amount shown in the listing. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

I looked at your listings. You haven't sold anything although you have 2 active listings. 

One listing is local pickup and the other offers free shipping.

If the buyer wants the local pickup item shipped, you need to end the active listing and relist with a shipping charge. 

For the free shipping item, you can't change and charge for shipping.

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

I sold one item - the Lesney Coronation Coach.  Free shipping only applied to the USA.  Buyer from the UK offered to pay.  You didn't answer my question.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

Obviously, you didn't read my listing.  International shipping wasn't included as an option, that's why I sought to charge them a little extra for shipping to the UK.  

Next time try to help instead of looking for non-existent problems with the listing.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

Uh, maybe you did not realize it, but the fact of international shipping being the reason for the additional charge was not mentioned in your first message.  When answering a question here, the responder is not required to read the listing because all the relevant information is expected to be included in your first post. 

Also, for some unknown reason, the Lesney Coronation Coach is not seen in either your sold, completed or available listing.  Is there a reason for that?  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

@ducman1249 

Cancel the transaction. Be sure to choose issue with buyers address as the reason. 

Relist the item with shipping to the buyers location. 
I am unable to see your completed listings, so I can only go by the information you provide here. 

We are users like you and have no information other than what you provide. 
Your original post said nothing about an international sale, nothing about what they purchased. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

I have no idea why the Lesney coronation coach is not listed anywhere.  When I go to "Paid and Shipped Items" (I have it bookmarked on my computer), it shows up as "Order ID: 11-09086-36095".  

I gave up on the invoice.  Now I'm trying to figure out why eBay is taking more than a month to payout (they say 10/13) on this items which has been paid since 9/11 and shipped out 9/13.  I've filed a complaint with the BBB about the ridiculous amount of time to get a payout. I haven't gotten a response.  

I've been on eBay since 2013, selling a few items a year, and eBay acts like I have no history Selling.  I have no idea how to contact eBay directly.  They used to have a phone number listed.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

I already sent out the order.  Now I'm trying to get a payout from eBay.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

Try this on a desk top,  go to MY Ebay. Look under SOLD.  Once you find the transaction, see if you see SEND INVOICE on the far right (or maybe the far left incase ebay made a recent change.)  Go slow,  see if you can fill in the correct amount.  Make sure that you know the correct shipping charge. Remember that anything over a certain dimension has a surcharge.   

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Send an invoice

If you not sell frequently, ebay treats you like a new seller and holds your money.  Contacting the BBB is a waste of time.  This is actually a very good policy.  There have been cases where a good seller has died and their family/ relatives took over the account and scammed buyers.    Ebay just wants to make sure that the buyer is not scammed so they hold the money especially if it's a pricey item or items in high scam categories like electronics. You will have to be patient.  Hopefully the item arrives quickly, shows a delivered scan and buyer posts a glowing feedback and your money is released faster.  Goodluck.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply