cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review your sales reports with Manage Payments, missing information

After generating my sales report for the month of Sept. 2020 in spreadsheet I looked over the fees and saw 5 of my listings had 0 dollars entered for cost I spent to purchase USPS label, tried generating a couple times at later dates to see if these cost would show up but still at zero dollars. Had to go in and find each item in my  other reports and get the information for shipping labels and enter manually. This is a Tax deduction that could cost you at year end if you miss this. Good Day

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yep:

bookkeeping with MP is not going to be easy.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the tip! I guess I'll have to add that to the list of manual calculations I will have to do.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hubby made his own spreadsheet to try to get all the needed information generated.  Nothing like quick books was old any use.

You would think eBay/etsy would be more user friendly.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@scrane2006 wrote:

After generating my sales report for the month of Sept. 2020 in spreadsheet I looked over the fees and saw 5 of my listings had 0 dollars entered for cost I spent to purchase USPS label, tried generating a couple times at later dates to see if these cost would show up but still at zero dollars. Had to go in and find each item in my  other reports and get the information for shipping labels and enter manually. This is a Tax deduction that could cost you at year end if you miss this. Good Day

Just curious, is the report you are referencing is the one that can be downloaded from this page? https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/sales   If it this is not the report, would you mind sharing a link?  

I have a credit card attached to PayPal and still pay for my shipping labels that way, so I don't rely on the eBay reports for shipping label cost reconciliation, however, I would still like to check my numbers against eBay's.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yes this is where I go to generate report, Performance- sales - then pick my dates that I want to generate a report of and then download, just to let you know, I been generating reports now on a weekly bases and so far so good. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply