cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding feedback

Why can't I leave feedback regarding nonpayment?  Do you have to wait several days?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Regarding feedback

@nolimitedtreasures 

Sellers are not allowed to leave either negative or neutral feedback for buyers or non-payers.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

I find this annoying too. You can wait the four days and then cancel for no payment, where the buyer gets two of those marks against their account and then a violation. But they still open new ones. 
I have started canceling the order and marking it as “something wrong with their address” - just so I can relist it. Then I block that buyer. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

@nolimitedtreasures wrote:

Why can't I leave feedback regarding nonpayment?  Do you have to wait several days?

If the transaction has been canceled, then you cannot leave Feedback.   You would have had to leave Feedback prior to the listing being cancelled.  But even leaving a Feedback prior to cancelling sometimes the Feedback will not stay.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

It was never canceled; it still shows waiting for payment.  So we aren't allowed to say anything to this person who can bid on someone else's product and not pay for it?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

I have one I am waiting on payment from a few hours ago. I just check and the system will allow me to leave a Feedback if I choose, but I won't until after transaction is complete.

Are you asking why the rules basically say you cannot leave derogatory comments for a non-paying bidder?  That is a good question.  You can see how Bid Retractions a person has but not if they donot pay.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

If/when a buyer has not paid within 96 hours, the seller can cancel, citing "buyer did not pay" as the reason.

eBay has not allowed sellers to leave negative FB for buyers for at least 14 years (probably more, don't know exact date).

Perhaps a re-reading of all the information about selling here might be a good idea.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

Regardless of the cancellation status of a transaction, a seller cannot not ever leave negative FB for a buyer.

It seems like that was what the OP wanted to do in his situation. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

The reason for the cancellation does NOT determine whether or not the seller can relist the item.

If the seller cancels, citing "buyer did not pay" as the reason, that buyer gets a strike.  Two strikes in a twelve month period, and most smart sellers have set their buyer requirements so that they do not have to deal with that buyer.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

Good memory. eBay announced it January 2008, effective May 19, 2008.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

Thank you so much, StephenMorgan, for your help. I was allowed to leave feedback. So eBay charged me a fat fee for an item that sold, but the bidder never paid.  So am I still responsible for paying for this? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

That's why you cancel the order on day 5 for nonpayment.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Regarding feedback

@nolimitedtreasures wrote:

Thank you so much, StephenMorgan, for your help. I was allowed to leave feedback. So eBay charged me a fat fee for an item that sold, but the bidder never paid.  So am I still responsible for paying for this? 

If you allowed 4 days (96 hours) to pass and canceled with reason Buyer has not paid then you should not be charged anything. If you canceled prior to the 96 hours then it is possible you may be charged a fee.

How many hours passed and what reason did you use to cancel the order?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply