cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment funds

I have a buyer who opened a payment dispute with their bank but their purchase was delivered more than 30 days prior, (probably why they went with their bank rather than through eBay)  although I also had a no returns policy due to the medical nature of the item. Anyhow, I was notified by eBay that the dispute was filed with the buyers bank, and so I responded to the dispute with additional details... Been about a month and haven't heard anything back. My question is, since the buyer filed a dispute with their bank and not eBay, would my funds still be removed from my account while the bank dispute is pending? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Payment funds

Until the bank decides, they won't remove the funds, but probably put them on hold so the funds will be there to refund.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Payment funds

Until the bank decides, they won't remove the funds, but probably put them on hold so the funds will be there to refund.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Payment funds

Having no returns forces a buyer to file a chargeback. Then you lose the money and the item.

It's  best to accept returns so the buyer isn't  forced to go to their credit card for a refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Payment funds

Thanks for the reply and I hear what you're saying about the no returns thing , but this was a medical item that the buyer had opened and then wanted to return, which means I would not be able to resell it thus I would still lose the money and the item had I accepted the return 🤷

Message 4 of 4
latest reply