cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New payment system, payment Processing?

I just sold a item the buyer has paid and in my account under Transaction details it just says " Processing".

How long does this stay as Processing and should i wait for it to say Completed before shipping out the item?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I take it that this is your first Managed Payments sale. Processing takes up to two days, then it will move to your available funds and be processed for payout to your bank.  If you are set up for daily payouts, is should be sent to you bank a day or two after it becomes available, not counting weekends. Once it is sent, it usually hits your bank the next day. If you signed up for weekly payments, it will be processed on Monday, sent on Tuesday,  and should be it you bank account by Wed. 

As to shipping, when eBay tells you it is okay to ship, you may use the processing funds to buy the shipping label. You must ship within your stated handling time. If you don't you'll get a defect.

Ebay took a huge leap back with the payment system, figure it is 1998. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Well I have been in managed payments for months and TONIGHT is the first time that it has said processing as david9726 asked about. It ALWAYS goes straight to available NEVER has said processing before, so I have the same question. The page has changed and so has the payment status

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

This should help give you a good view of the process.

MP Payout Graphics 1.JPGMP Payout Graphics 2.JPGMP Payout Graphics 3.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So it's safe to go ahead and ship the item going by that? I am just worried that they paid by check or something which takes longer ebay gives no indication on how the buyer paid.

Yes this is my first sell with the new Managed Payments system. 

To add to the frustration i added my bank  account a week and a half ago and it has not been verified as of yet. It said it would only take two business days.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@david9726 wrote:

So it's safe to go ahead and ship the item going by that? I am just worried that they paid by check or something which takes longer ebay gives no indication on how the buyer paid.

Yes this is my first sell with the new Managed Payments system. 

To add to the frustration i added my bank  account a week and a half ago and it has not been verified as of yet. It said it would only take two business days.

Yes it is safe.  A buyer can not reverse, cancel or otherwise stop a payment once it is made in MP anymore than they could in PP.  Now at a later date they may filed a claim or chargeback, but that is different.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Be careful, scammers are fully aware of new systems weakness. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mach128 wrote:

Be careful, scammers are fully aware of new systems weakness. 

What the heck does that mean?  What do you mean specifically?

@mach128 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I opted into Managed Payments over a year-and-a-half ago. I have never experienced a payment not  move all the way to 'Completed' once it says 'Processing'. In my experience (since August, 2020), my payments hit my bank account 4 business days after the buyer pays me.

Way back then, MP was super slow. (Also, we didn't have the advantage of paying shipping costs from Pending funds.) At that time, I pushed my Handling Time out... to keep my bank account or my Seller Metrics from taking any 'dings', due to s&h. As long as you ship within your posted terms, you're gold with eBay.

I've kept it at 5-Day (but ship quicker) due to the pandemic... I am confident that shipping before actually receiving payment  is safe. Note that my remedy is not an eBay 'best practice', it's simply my practice for now.

It's simply a matter at adapting to what suits you best. It's doable. Good luck.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@ideal-images wrote:

Well I have been in managed payments for months and TONIGHT is the first time that it has said processing as david9726 asked about. It ALWAYS goes straight to available NEVER has said processing before, so I have the same question. The page has changed and so has the payment status

Mine always were "pending" before they became available.  Now mine say"processing" before they go to "available".  Not sure why the change, but just changing the word used, not changing what is happening.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for that info!

Now does anyone know how long it takes to get your back account verified? It's getting close to two weeks.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@david9726 wrote:

Thanks for that info!

Now does anyone know how long it takes to get your back account verified? It's getting close to two weeks.

@david9726 

You're very welcome. I can't help you at all... way back then it was a breeze. Sorry!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@david9726 wrote:

Thanks for that info!

Mine was verified at the end of my sign up session, so it was an immediate verification.  They also said they were going to deposit $.01 in my account to verify it, which they never did.  I did go into eBay and enter my middle name in the First Name field so that my bank account and eBay account had identical names before I enrolled.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Mine is missing my middle name, i don't see how to add it.

Went in to edit my ebay info but there is no place for a middle name. Bank only use first letter of it.

Wonder is that is why my account is still on hold.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply