cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay Payments- Massive Failure- Sellers Deserve Better!

The new Ebay payment system seller'swere forced into is an absolute joke. As a seller it is unreasonable that I now have to wait 3-10 days for my payments to arrive. With Paypal I could instantly access my funds and ship my items the same day. As I deal is antique, rare, and often times one-of-a-kind items, I refuse to ship until the money is in my bank. Now that Ebay holds my payment  for several days before initiating a bank transfer which takes another day or two, I am no longer able to offer fast shipping to my customers. I will be informing all of my customers that shipping delays are the fault of Ebay's new (and horrible) payment policy we were forced to use.  Sellers deserve better Ebay!  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

a large number of sellers are not complaining.  For once, the money is sent to me on a schedule instead of five days after I had to ask for it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

My complaint exactly! Previously I'd have several things sell over the weekend. The buyer's would pay and money would be in my PayPal account so I could immediately have the money to buy shipping labels. My customers appreciated the quick shipping. Now if I want to please my customers I have to pay the shipping up front before I actually have the funds available from selling the item. 

BTW - You can change the frequency that eBay schedules your payment payouts. It sounds like you might have it set to 'Weekly' if you're waiting 10 days. Go to your payments page and set the payout schedule to 'Daily', then you only wait typically 3 days unless it's a weekend.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

We've actually experience smooth API integrations and a reduction in overall selling fees by nearly 4%.  We've been quite happy.  It did take us a minute to adjust for the change in accounting method and get through some quirks, but once we evolved, it's been advantageous for our business.

GearBrokers
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The only thing I don't like about the new system is that I cannot specify to LEAVE money in the account every week. I have deposits every Tuesday. Every Tuesday I get a deposit but it wipes my account to $0. I wish I could leave $50-$100 in the account every week. I then take my payout and recon it against my sales database and keep track of everything. So far no issues.

I just had a sale. The payment is showing as "Processing" and I'm supposed to ship by midnight on the 24th (today is the 23rd). I'm shipping today the 23rd. Yep. the payment is processing. Is there a chance it won't go through? Yep. Has one not gone through? Nope. Not yet anyway.

MP is working for me. Personally, I'll take this over PayPal now. I'm actually getting my money faster.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"... I refuse to ship until the money is in my bank."

@hcmilcol 

I don't cotton to shipping before I have useable funds, either. The workaround that keeps you in eBay's good graces is to lengthen your Handling Time. 

I've been in MP since August, 2019 and can now count on my buyer's payment being my bank deposit in 4 business days. (Back then, I had a 6-day to 14-day wait.) So... now, I have my Handling Time set to 5-Days... I've been shortening it a little along. When you know what you can expect, set yours. Good luck.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Mike, how are you getting your money faster than IMMEDIATELY with PayPal?  My money goes into PP, I pay the shipping label from that PP acct. I can then either use the money to buy something with my PP funds or transfer the money to my back acct.  Yes, it does take a day or 2 if I want to transfer my PP funds to my bank but I still have access to my money in PP immediately.

To those of you that are unhappy with the "new and improved" selling page format, call eBay and let them know.  I spoke with them this morning since my re-list tool isn't working (part of the new design???) and the Rep said they had received a number of complaints and were working on trying to see what they could do to make it better.  Probably just her script but call anyway.  Venting here is good for venting but it won't change anything.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ebay is a RIPOFF!!! This managed payment scheme is utter **bleep**. They sit on OUR MONEY for days and then we have to wait for the "electronic transfer" another day or so. And now as a seller, I have no recourse with a bad buyer. At least with Paypal they would still step in(and have for me) and defend an abused seller.

And with paypal, I had instant funds to apply to shipping costs.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"the Rep said they had received a number of complaints and were working on trying to see what they could do to make it better" Be careful what you ask for. Their fixes are not always better.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply