cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payment

I think about who has given me the most misery, Paypal or eBay. eBay makes me mad everyday. Do I want to give eBay my SS number and unlimited access to my checking account? You're kidding right!  Gary

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Managed payment

You can opt out, and we never gave paypal our SSN either, not sure why you did but to say everyone has to is misinformation. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Managed payment

paypal does not have a banking charter. it used a bank to pool the funds sitting in peoples account but it is not a bank and does not have a bank charter. it has a ACH routin number which is completely different. it has routing number as a payment processor not as a bank.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Managed payment

Regardless... PayPal was reported to be still available to use until 2023. Now, I have had contact from a regular buyer stating that the PayPal choice for my auction they wanted to buy is not there anymore.

I have since ended all ~400 auctions I had listed. I will decide whether I will continue my 19 year relationship as a seller -or not. It depends on how eBay fixes the rampant issues (or not), and how they are going to actively protect our personal information in the hands of a foreign entity (or not).

Message 18 of 18
latest reply