cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments not depositing. Really mad.

So I have been on Managed payments since Late August.  I provided a checking account and they said they would start depositing my sales.  I opted for daily deposited.  As of almost 2 weeks nothing has been deposited.  I have been on the phone twice with customer service and they were unable to help me.  The best they could do is to put me on a TECH report.  The rep yesterday says that ebay has not even tried to make a deposit to me. 

So if this is happening to a lot of sellers (the rep stated  it is) ebay is just sitting on sellers money.  Are they making money off of this in the way of interest. 

Does anyone know aor have any ideas of what I can do? 

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

When you look at the Payments tab, is your money showing in Pending Funds or Available Funds?

(If the money is stuck in Pending Funds then there may be some problem with clearing the money from the buyer's source.  If it's stuck in Available Funds, then for some reason eBay is not picking it up to transfer to your bank.)  

Do you see any Payout transactions showing in Recent Transaction block of that page?  If so, what do you see for its status?

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

I don't know how much this will do,  but you could contact you state attorney general and the federal trade commission with your complaint, be factual with information you provide. 

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

The money is in Available funds.  I am actually on Ebay with a Rep now.  He says that it shows my bank is pending.  First I have heard of this.  Ebay stated that everything was fine with my bank info before they started the managed payments. 

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

You should probably contact your bank next.

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Pending funds are funds from the purchase that are waiting to be cleared with the buyers payment source like credit, debit or PayPal. Available funds are fund that have cleared the payment process and are waiting to be transferred to your bank. Shipping labels can be purchases with pending or available fund before they transfer to the bank instead of using PayPal. By default the payouts will start on a daily schedule and with you saying they has not been a payout for 2 weeks. It sounds like your bank has not been properly verified or there is a error in the routing number or checking account number. I would go to the help section and scroll to the bottom  and click on contact select account  then select fee's credit invoice and you should get a call  from eBay option. This should get someone from the managed payments support team to call you. Have them check your bank info to make sure it is correct and that the bank has been verified. Also it would be a good idea to check your payout schedule but that is probably not the issue.

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

I have weekly (Tuesdays) payouts.  Tuesday was my second payout. My Credit Union  states pending then either that day or the next it goes through. I hope that with a little patience,  it will all come together for you. 

To your success,

Grandma 

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

So I just got off the phone with Ebay managed payment rep and he finally got through to the "back office".  They said that you can not use an online checking account to transfer money into.  Paypal worked so well.  I never had any trouble with them.

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

I'm happy that you were able to get the answer you needed to fix the issue! 

🙂

Grandma 

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

My bank is a credit union for the checking account I just opened a second account to keep the eBay funds separate from my regular account. Because both of my checking accounts are with the same bank I can transfer money between the two right away. Once you get the bank account straightened out if payouts are not going through when scheduled I would suggest calling eBay right away.

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

@treasuresencore wrote:

Paypal worked so well.  I never had any trouble with them.

Neither did eBay, until Carl Icahn and his corporate raiders rode in and forced eBay to sell PayPal.

Sadly, the general sentiment on this board was to applaud Icahn because he promised to fix both management and the site bugs.

Soon after the split, Icahn dumped his shares of both eBay and PayPal and made a killing. How did those site fixes and management changes work out?

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

And now we have a new set of 'Ichan's', fixing the bugs, fixing the site, fixing management and getting their stock dividends.  Same thing, different day.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 61
latest reply

"They said that you can not use an online checking account to transfer money into."

If this is true I can see eBay losing a lot of sellers. I suspect many sellers, especially the "younger" ones have never even been inside a bank. We use USAA which has no physical locations so I'm not sure how that will work. I guess others like me will have to go to a local bank and open an account just for eBay. What a pain. Why does every change have to make it harder to sell on eBay?

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

Well my bank is an online bank and I just got funds from a sale deposited today and have had several other successful deposits since I was put in MP a month ago

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

I'm sure others have, but I never-ever had a problem with Paypal.......

Yeah we were paying PayPal fees, but our money was available immediately and could be put into our bank accounts instantly.  A big perk for the fees we paid to Paypal I'd say.........

NOW, we are paying those fees to eBay and get to wait for money that belongs to us.  (In my opinion, being done at the worst possible time you can possibly choose.)

Almost ALL resentment towards Managed Payments would disappear if they followed Paypals model of allowing us access to our money immediately.  

Message 15 of 61
latest reply