cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments made an error I'm Trying to Inform SOMEBODY

Two weeks ago last Friday I received a message from EBAY that said  "We're recovering the failed amount from your available funds"  this got my attention of course it went on to say that since I had no available funds when I purchased a shipping label they attempted to get it from my back up source.  The back up transaction failed so they would be deducting the amount from my next payout. Problem is the Transaction DID NOT FAIL and it shows it clear as day on the completed transaction.  Well when a company chooses to Automate everything ERRORS are going to occur especially this early in the "MANAGED PAYMENTS BUSINESS" . A noone told the system the Transaction did not fail retract the order to deduct the amount from the final Payout.  So I  was charged for a label and then the same amount was deducted from the payout.  Its all plainly posted in the Payout for that date which happened to come the following Monday. There were 2 sales, a store subscription fee deducted,  a previous label, the label in question, and two ad fees.  All any one has to do is take a calculator and add the amounts up on EBAYS PAYOUT and they would see. WHY is this so hard to get anyone to do. My 4th call I decided to chat the lady actually saw the issue claim to escalate it and got me to send in a copy where it cleared my bank......NOTHING......called today the lady hung up...all she did was assure me I was only charged once and used  the shipping label page where i was charged one time as there bottom line. REFUSED TO LISTEN. HUNG UP ON ME!!!    Why is it so hard, yes I would like my $3.10 back EBAY gets enough money from me and they make enough.  When you want access to my money, to take,, its an honor system. But when there is an error I try to inform them of so they can fix that and it doesn't happen to more people. You would think they'd want to know,      They could care less that their system jacked extra money from me.   You take that unconcerned attitude and couple it with customer service not know what they are doing YOUR BUSINESS MEANS NOTHING TO THEM......I LOVE EBAY but its these little things they fail at that puts people off......I see people fussing over thousands of dollars they've lost because of EBAYs disconnect and it makes me feel crazy over $3.10 but to EBAY neither one is important.   I guess I should just suck it up as a loss or a theft and move on.   

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Managed Payments made an error I'm Trying to Inform SOMEBODY

@eyecandy91 wrote:

Two weeks ago last Friday I received a message from EBAY that said  "We're recovering the failed amount from your available funds"  this got my attention of course it went on to say that since I had no available funds when I purchased a shipping label they attempted to get it from my back up source.  The back up transaction failed so they would be deducting the amount from my next payout. Problem is the Transaction DID NOT FAIL and it shows it clear as day on the completed transaction. 

Did the back up transaction actually CLEAR or was it just listed as pending? I once was trying to purchase tickets for a show online and their payment system was having an error, so what happened was that I ended up with five PENDING charges for the tickets that all showed up on my credit card statement when I checked later that evening, but none of them ever actually cleared because of the error.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply