cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Problem!

Has anyone that was forced into managed payments noticed that when you click on one of your listings, under the buy it now option and shipping details that the payment information has been changed to "Financing"?  Next to financing it only shows eBay's Mastercard. I had a friend who lives out of state call me and ask me why that is the only payment option I take. I told her she needed to click on the tabs below to see all the payment options. She informed me that she never does that or even paid any attention to that. I myself, never do as well. This is going to cost sales for sellers and at the busiest buying time of the year. I feel bad for anyone who is relying on ebay income during this covid pandemic. I was told when I called that this has been an issue for 25 days. Well four days ago the "Payment" area was on my listing, below the shipping,  and showing all the payment options so I am not sure how much I believe the 25 day story. Looks to me that ebay is using my listings to promote their Mastercard offer. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My listings, when going in through another ID, look fine.  I do see the financing options, which list both the eBay MC and PayPal Credit (neither one is more prominent than the other, and both are below the bevy of other payment options).  Can you post a pic of what is actually showing up on your listings?  Not to say that I don't trust your friend, but some people can miss the obvious.  I'm on MP, and haven't see any issues, haven't been contacted by any of my regular buyers that they are having payment issues, etc..  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I noticed that a couple days ago. All the forms of payment accepted (PayPal, MC, Visa, G-Pay, etc.) no longer shows in the listing, unless you click on the Shipping & Payments tab (which I'm sure many buyers aren't even aware of). Not a good move by eBay at all.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@treasurebrat 

I am able to see all of the payment options on your listings.  

Your ornaments are very nice!

Payment options.PNG

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I am posting two pictures.  The one with the ebay mastercard alone is what I see when clicking on my own listings. The other with the paypal credit and ebay mastercard is what is seen by my friend.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Well, that is a good sign! Hopefully everyone can. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

When I am buying, I never click on those tabs so I am sure my buyers won't. Oh well, I have called twice, hopefully they fix the issue. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I can't. When I click on any of your listings, I have to click on "Shipping & Payments" below to see any of the payment options (credit cards, etc.). I'm on a desktop.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My friend was on her laptop. Well, it's going to cost sales and I guess when ebay figures that out they will fix it. After all, it's going to cost them money too. I am not holding my breath for them to fix it. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@treasurebrat 

I am able to see all of the payment options on your listings.  

Your ornaments are very nice!

Payment options.PNG

Above is what I also see when I look at the OP's listings. I'm on a computer, Windows 10, latest version of Firefox.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply