cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues

I recently Found out that eBay now has a credit card. I read that I would be able to game points for purchases that I make on eBay. That was my motivation for getting the card.  I have only had the card for a few months It is attached to synchrony bank I made a payment already this month. But I had forgotten that I had made the payment. I am 57, So I have to give myself more grace. If I forget sometimes so thinking that today was my last day before my payment would be late. I Read thoroughly my statement to see what my options were thinking that I could very well have a late fee if it did not get posted before midnight on the 17th so on my statement.  It has a website.

Which is which is wwwebaymastercard.syf.com Or I could call 1-844-435-0237 I decided to go to the website and log in. However, the site said that my username or log in information was not matching up with theirs so I tried again And the third time A bot came up Trying to help me so me is oh me knowing that It was not going to help me not really tried to ask it a question And my question was how do I get back to the log in page? Well, the bot could not tell me how to get back to the log in page. So I tried To go out of the site and refresh and start over. That did not work, instead of getting the login page there was the robot instead. I then called the number, I got through pretty quickly. I explained  what had happened  she said I had to change my password. I said the last time I logged in was to pay my bill. So between one week and today it said it didn't recognize my password. Sorry so long. I changed password on my synchrony app then went to web to sign in and again said do not recognize it. The agent from the Philippines  or Manila

Said I had to change it again.  I Saud no

I said I would call back and speak with a technician  instead.  I  had to really dig for extra ways of getting to the right place for help.  The other big issue for me too was that say you forgot to pay your card it has to be paid by midnight it's 11pm and all of what happened to me is now happening to some poor young or old soul  then as the time is ticking away the representative says the payment will be late because the payment and ALL payments are paid on eastern standard time. I have never heard of this  before.  Im on pacific time. I am sure many will have to use their once a  year waived late fee because 

They didn't know about this rule.  It's really frustrating. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Issues

Yes it's  frustrating. Wait until you try to pay and it pops up this service is temporarily unavailable please try again later. I got that on the 31st, and again on the 1st when I tried to pay my credit card issued by my bank. Payment was due on the 2nd. On the 2nd I tried to pay and got the same message.

Had not been late on a payment in 5 years. I called the

bank to make sure they knew it's  on their end I couldn't  pay and I wanted them to help me pay it by today so it's  not late.

They instructed me to call the number on the card. I  did but later that day I didn't see the payment being applied so once again I called my bank. They said they could see it on their end, that it takes 7-10 days to post.

What da heck,,,,,they didn't  tell me that's what happens when you pay using the number on the card. 

Well, you betcha I let them know I didn't  appreciate the late charge they applied. They removed it but too late because immediately after the late charge my credit score dropped 11 points.  I am now on automatic payments so this never happens again.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Issues

I tried to edit to say you should get on automatic payments too but time ran out.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply