cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to get eBay to release my funds?

I just really need my funds. I've gone over this via several channels now but I had item listed for $2000 it's really a family heirloom which buyer also wanted THE ORIGINAL picture of my grandmother wearing the jacket with the president and first lady and wouldn't pay more than 1,000. I'm in a financial hardship. My cellphone is even cut off at this point. I only lowered price to $1000 because I needed the money immediately. After we came to agreement and buyer made payment only then was I notified funds would be on hold for 30 days. A full month. After bills are again due on the first. I would never have agreed to sell the item for half of what I felt it was worth if I knew I wouldn't receive immediate payment it completely defeats the purpose of why I agreed to sell for that price. Buyer received item and has since left positive feedback confirming their satisfaction WEEKS ago. I really have needed that money for weeks now. I couldn't even afford to do anything for Thanksgiving. It's only a week away now but bills are due on the first and they're giving me a date of 12/4. Anyone?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Just so you know ... it is illegal for Ebay to hold funds more than two days and even then it is questionable.  Ebay has NO LEGAL reason to even get involved.  They are a selling platform that is allowed to offer space to sell on their venue.   But they are a devious company who has done nothing but swallow up every bit of value and taint this selling option from the start.  They hold the money in their account and collect the interest... since only a fraction of the sell is theirs to collect, this is illegal.  When a person buys something the $ is yanked immediately out of their account.  Banking at this time is done immediately.  Venues' like paypal and venmo who say they are free to use buy you can pay for immediate release are sketchy and have NO integrity.  Ebay is not about a safe venue, they do not care about customer service ... they want to get their hands on your money and sit in their ivory tower and be UNREACHABLE.  Just stop buying a selling on ebay.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Just have to wait it out.   That is why new sellers should start with low value items and work their way up.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply