cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! How do I send a full refund back to the Seller?

mycharmingtinycabin
Adventurer

I purchased an item (2 of the same item) on ebay   This was at the beginning of December.  In looking at the tracking # history, it looked like the item was lost in the mail.  So, Seller agreed to send me a full refund.  HOWEVER, the item FINALLY arrived and of course, I do want to keep it.  But, now I can't figure out how to send that full refund back to the Seller.  Did try searching on PayPal,  but didn't anything that allowed me to return that refund.

No doubt this must have happened before.  What are my options?

Would some kind of "private sale" with same item from Seller, be one way to do this?

(with obviously nothing shipped, since I now already have that item).

Thanks - would really like to send this refund back to the seller.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ask the seller to send you a PayPal invoice using the Send & Request money link.  He can add the item number and description to it and you can then use the link to pay.  You will need to make sure he has your correct PP email address, if he doesn't already have it. Since you are in a transaction with him, it's okay to send it in a eBay message.

Thank you for being an honest buyer, need more like you here.

mycharmingtinycabin
Adventurer

So, it is okay for me to send my personal email address to that person?

(I think this seller must be in China or ??? since it always take a full day to correspond).

I did ask for theirs and thought I could pay it that way, but they said that eBay did not allow that.
I had paid a friend that way thru PayPal for a personal sale - some cloth face masks.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

He probably already has it, if he can find the original email from PayPal that he received when you paid.  It's included in the email header under Reply to: