cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay withdraws microdeposits?

So ebay deposited 4 cents and 6 cents into my bank account to verify it.  When I confirmed, they said they would withdraw it in a few days?  Really?  A dime?  With all the fees I pay, you can't spare a dime?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

In the "other post" I did say that I figured it out and that they withdrew one penny the next day. I just didn't realize I made this post also. So thank you for the heads up.

Which brings me to my next point. They did this micro deposit months ago to verify my account so that I could get "faster payments" (according to them) after selling an item.  Since then I sold one item 9 days ago. I just got the funds in my account today. That's 9 days of interest I didn't get and they did, AND they charged the same fee for the money I got for shipping (which were actual shipping costs) , which they knew were actual because I purchased the shipping label from them, from which they probably made money too.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

eBay has stated they don't  earn interest on money being paid out or in the process of being paid out.

Because you only sold one item in months then you are an occasional seller, therefore subject to your payment being held.  It will always be held if you're an occasional seller.  Even if you sell regularly your payment can still be held.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Ebay deposited .09 and withdrew .10. There is no way to contact them. I did not give them permission to withdraw .10. Who do we contact to get back the .01?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Double check your account and make sure there was not two deposits that added up to 10¢.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply