cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not able to make deposits to Bank of America

I know this was an old thread and I am reopening it up here for anyone who is also having problems.  I have over $500 sitting at Ebay that they won't pay me for because they can't deposit to Bank of America.  That is ridiculous!   I have spent hours on the phone with Ebay and B of A trying to figure this out.  Ebay is telling me I should open up another bank account so they can pay me.  This is absolutely the last time I will use Ebay to sell something.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Years ago (when MP was first introduced), I onboarded with my decades-old personal BOA account and I've never had any problems. With that being said, I've heard of sellers having trouble linking BOA, and it seems to be a geographic/demographic issue (??)... but I've never heard that there was a 'fix' for it. Bummer...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have heard of some issues with onboarding BoA accounts, which were accounts that had been opened with other banks, that were later acquired by Bank of America. So those accounts still used the old routing numbers, which had been assigned to other banks that were no longer operating.

@lesliejoikaufman, No guarantees, but if your bank account was originally opened with a bank of a different name, then you might be able to open a new checking account at BoA, that would presumably use a BoA routing number. You might have better luck with a BoA routing number.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Why can't you open up another bank account? This is like the 3rd post in the last few months that I read that ebay won't accept Bank of America as a bank.   So go out and open up another bank account and verify it and get your money.  Posting here will NOT solve anything.  We are just regular ebay members. We CAN'T force ebay to accept your bank.

If you want to leave fine, there are way too many sellers here anyway but you want to get your money out.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for that suggestion but my number is a BofA number.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The suggestion to open a free account dedicated to just ebay is the most logical solution......

just like you needed a paypal account prior to Managed Payments.....

I found this morsel from an old post regarding BofA issues....

Your bank may operate under several ABA numbers, so it’s essential to identify the one specific to your account. ABA numbers may differ slightly depending on where you opened your account, and bank mergers can result in multiple codes for the same bank. Some banks also use separate ABA numbers for wire transfers vs. direct deposit or ACH transactions.

You might have to use a different number for wire transfers or electronic bill payments even if you know the correct number for ordering checks. When in doubt, ask a customer service representative at your bank which number to use.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply