cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivered to a PO BOX and buyer won't pick it up. Payout on hold

how do I get paid when a buyer will not pick up an item I shipped using an EBAY label to his PO BOX. The shipment delivered to the address (PO BOX) listed. Funds are being held by eBay because buyer hasn't picked up from the PO BOX.  I contacted buyer and asked him when he can pick up and he states " when I get to it." How do I get paid here when I did everything correctly??

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Does the item show delivered? Items being delivered to a P.O. Box has nothing to do with anything. It’s more likely your funds are on hold (up to 30 days I believe) because you are an infrequent seller.

If I’m wrong, someone will come along and correct me 😁

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If item shows "delivered" in tracking then you are done doing your job.

If you haven't sold anything in 30 days funds might be on hold for 30 days. Nothing you can do will change that.

I would stop emailing the buyer...bothering the buyer might affect the kind of feedback you receive.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I am not currently on a 30 day hold. I have sold several items and I am paid 1 day after delivery is verified. In this case, the tracking shows "delivered to PO BOX, awaiting customer pickup". So until he shows up at the post office and collects the package, eBay is treating this as undelivered. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If tracking shows it was delivered, it doesn't matter if the buyer has picked up the item or not.

Your funds could be held because you're a fairly new seller.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"...I am not currently on a 30 day hold. I have sold several items and I am paid 1 day after delivery is verified..."

Not questioning your statement, but how do you know that? I am just letting you know your previous sales appear to have been longer than 90 days ago...sometimes that resets the 'hold' clock so to speak....if your tracking shows delivered,  you are most likely not being held for a pickup, but for a different reason...I am pretty sure....

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It HAS been delivered to the address provided by the buyer.

The reason for the hold is probably because you're an infrequent seller.

Have you considered that angle? 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

OP has sold multiple of the item showing. Could have been recent.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I know that because I have completed 5 sales in the past 2 weeks and have been paid on 4 out of 5 within 1 day of verified delivery. Feedback #15 is one of those sales. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

As others stated, if it says "Delivered" you don't have to email the buyer.  The funds are on hold for a reason, eBay may or may not tell you why.  If you have a new account or have not sold in a while they may hold funds for a while.  Just keep listing and selling, eventually you will get your hold removed by eBay and your funds available. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay may limit the amount dispersed to you. The fact that other orders have been dispersed does not mean you have not reached a limit and will have your payment held 30 days.

Delivered to a PO Box is delivered.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I notice you sold 5 items and now 5 more of the same item is up again for sale. Is it the item for $99.95?

I would be careful of selling the exact same item 10 times. eBay might ask for receipts of all items in the future.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply