cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers giving phone number to arrange payment

I have received 3 full price offers this week with phone numbers to text or call to arrange payment. I have just hit decline offer button, hope that is the right thing to do but I believe the policy is all messages are to be thru EBay so I complied.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

trouble is the scammers know ebay will side with them and not the seller ! Old ebay ways were much better and tighter ! Ebay is not the same ebay I signed up for years ago !

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Yes they are trying to scam you. 

They want your paypal email so they can send you a fake payment notice. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

It's a scam.  No need to arrange payment, Ebay takes care of it automatically...

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Scam scam and more scam is all it is.

You did the right thing.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

BLOCK THEM !!!!!! 

REPORT THEM !!!!!

ALL MESSAGES, REFUNDS, OFFERS, SALES SHOULD GO THRU EBAY!!!!!

GOOD JOB!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The scammers are really at it here again big time. There have been several posts like this in a few days. You block them and make sure you report their user ID to Ebay.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Rule #1       Anything out of the ordinary.     Walk away.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Rule #2 Refer To Rule #1

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

trouble is the scammers know ebay will side with them and not the seller ! Old ebay ways were much better and tighter ! Ebay is not the same ebay I signed up for years ago !

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I was on ebay before paypal and buyers would send money orders    glad when paypal came along  and now managed payment  not sure about that yet  not on it.   stay safe everyone

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Myself as well !! Pay pal was fine ! Never a problem and you are paid fast ! Now with mangled payments even when paid with pay pal ebays holds your money for many days till they pay ! It is not a good method and ebay should not force this one at all. I however do not know why any seller would like it ! No one likes to wait on their money ! Good luck if you sign up for it but my bet would that like many you will likely hate it ! It is not good ! Ebay has glitches all the time and there is no way I will allow them total control over my money and with this method that is just what they have ! Regards

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Good Boy!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I agree 100%

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I'm continue to receive offers over asking however when I click on their name, the "about" information contains a message and phone number within the text.  I have now received 5 of these **bleep** offers and reported 2 of them to Ebay.  What is frustrating is Ebay is doing NOTHING about this.  How hard would it be to program a search of member descriptions to find a series of 10 numbers then review these and eliminate.  Instead the onus is on the seller.  

Ebay is not supporting their customers at an acceptable level given the premium charged for using the plateform - frustrating.  Keep an eye out for yourselves.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ANCIENT THREAD FROM 2020

Message 15 of 16
latest reply