cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t verify identity? No response and funds on hold

i have been selling on eBay for 20 years….I was asked to confirm my identity and I have uploaded documents several times, but my funds are being held and my account is still restricted. I even uploaded my birth certificate! Items are still being sold and I’m shipping them - I can’t reply to any messages from buyers and this is hurting my business! This is my only source of income and I have 3 children. I’ve chatted with customer service 7 or 8 times and also done the call back and nothing has helped! I’ve been loyal and follow the rules and don’t know what else to do!?! 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It seems like eBay has a new policy (I haven't  seen in writing) that if your account is idle for 90 days eBay can make you verify yourself to make sure it's  you and not a relative or a hijacker on the account.

Does your eBay name and address exactly match your documents?

Do they have your SSN? Do they have a checking account for your payouts that you verified the micro-deposits they made? Does the type of checking account match your eBay account? A personal checking account to a personal eBay account, and a business checking account for a business eBay account.

Do they have a payment method for seller fees?

Try contacting them on Facebook eBay for Business or twitter.com/askebay

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the reply!

yes they have all of my info and i just uploaded my drivers license again and a copy of my bank statement - I’ve had my account for so long - it was inactive for a few years tho- so maybe that’s the issue. Not sure!? 
everything has been verified- and when I started selling again I had to verify bank info for managed payments since they aren’t using PayPal anymore….

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

In the upper left corner it should say "Hi ----- " in seller hub, or almost any page such as your overview page, or even on a search page. Does this name match EXACTLY to what is on your bank account?

If not, change it to match exactly. Also, there is another place on ebay that shows your name (sorry I can't remember where it is), find it and make sure it matches EXACTLY also.

I went through this a few months ago and it was a real pain until I found that one of the names didn't match exactly (such as Jeff vs Jeffrey / John vs Johnny, Susan vs Susie, etc).

Not sure if you are having the same issue but it is worth a try.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! Ok I’m currently looking everywhere my name is listed to make sure it has first middle and last - which is what my bank account has on it. So in the payments section under bank account for payouts it only has my first and last name - do you think I should  delete my bank account and re add it? Or will that cause more problems?

thank you for you help!! 
lisa 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I wouldn't delete your banking info. I would edit your name on ebay to match what your bank info says. If you have a found that it doesn't match just edit it to match exactly.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ok thanks - it matches and submitted my stuff again so hopefully they unrestrict it soon! 
I’ve gone all thru my account and can’t find any discrepancies now, so fingers crossed that this does it - it’s going on 2 weeks now…

thanks again,

lisa 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Make 100% sure you have your full SSN on file. Since the IRS changed rules regarding online selling eBay (all facilitators) now requires the entire number not just the last 4 digits.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks! I do have it in there- BUT even though my social security card isn’t on file - I have a new card that I got with my new married last name on it. But my driver’s license and bank have my last name that on my eBay account …… I could go get a new license and change the name on my blank, but they will issue me a temporary ID, which I don’t think eBay accepts….

do you think that’s probably the issue? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply