cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pick which debit card I'd like to use for payment when a seller sends me an offer?

I'm a buyer and recent seller on eBay so I'm not totally green,  but I'm having an issue.

I'm trying to help my Dad buy an item on eBay, using his card as the item it rather expensive and I am poor. ;-;

I added the item to my watch list, figuring out which was in the best condition/best price.

The seller of the item we thought was best sent us an offer so he wants to purchase it.

I added his debit card to my payments, but there's no option for primary payment method which is common on sites.

I'm worried that if I accept the offer, it'll automatically pick my main debit  card which would put my bank account in the negative.

Is there an option after clicking accept offer to choose which payment I'm using?

I've seen many forums/questions about if I sent the offer to the first, but nothing about the seller sending me an offer.

Sorry if I terribly overexplained 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can I pick which debit card I'd like to use for payment when a seller sends me an offer?

I've never had two credit or debit cards listed at the same time. But you could remove your debit card for now so that just your dad's card is available. You can then add your debit card back the next time you make a purchase. For security reasons I always remove my credit card after I make a purchase, got burnt one time on Amazon by a hacker.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for the response! As it turns out it does give you the option to choose.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply