cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers force to Pre-Pay for each item purchased?

I have buyers who have 1000+ feedback ratings that they are being ask to pre-pay for items in my store and that once an auction item ends Ebay takes payment immediately. I can not find any information on this in the seller updates other than Best Offer listing which I dont ever do. 

Also I combine shipping so buyers are being forced to pay shipping on each item they buy which is turning them away. I refund any excess shipping on orders that I ship together but if they are being forced to pay shipping on every item instead of allowing them to combine BEFORE paying, they are not going to buy as much. 

Can someone sort this out?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are they being asked to provide a payment method when they make an offer or place a bid? If your answer is yes. Then what you do is go to your buyer management page and uncheck that requirement that requires a buyer to provide a method of payment when making an offer or bidding. Buyer Management As for combining shipping. If you are in the EIS program that program doesn’t allow for combining shipping at this time. If it isn’t EIS you will need to set up combined shipping rule in your shipping preferences. Shipping Preferences  

IMG_0838.jpeg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From what I hear eBay is doing a testing of a select few of automatic payments on auctions which is a bad idea. I don't think it has anything to do marking a check in seller payments. What eBay doesn't realize is that a buyer can have multiple winning bid auctions...and that can affect shipping on multiple items. Testing shouldn't be done on a select few sellers or buyers on auctions. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I don't think it has anything to do marking a check in seller payments. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I don't understand your statement 🤔

If a seller removes the checkmark in "buyer requirements", a buyer will not be required to provide a "preauthorization" automatic payment source before placing a bid.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think eBay is well  aware the amount of the automatic payment can't  be changed.

I think they're pushing for everyone to offer free shipping,  problem solved.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Will buyers be still able to combine shipping cost if purchasing multiple items from the same seller or will eBay now automatically charge shipping cost for each single item? If combining shipping is not possible anymore, then that change will refrain many buyers from purchasing more items.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply