cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Restricted for No Reason

I created an account two years ago and posted some headsets to sell. Then i receive that my account has been restricted and i just decide to ignore it cz i was using other platforms. Then i decide to open a new account and posted something today - same thing happened, but the email said i can call and answer a series of questions to get the restriction lifted. I call and the guy says i’m permanently restricted and he can’t tell me why. They have sensitive info and still refuse to provide a reason as to why i have been banned. It’s not like there aren’t other selling platforms, but how can i know that my information will be protected? This is extremely unacceptable and unprofessional. Just because ebay can afford laying off sellers due to their large platform, does not mean they get to compromise our personal data without providing a legitimate reason. I don’t care about reactivating my account. I wanna know that my info is safe!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That's the way it works. They NEVER give 'reasons' as the typical person would then find a 'work around' for those reasons. 

Once banned- always banned. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@zsalloum 

"I don’t care about reactivating my account. I wanna know that my info is safe!"

No one here knows if they actually flush the personal data. I doubt that eBay shares that process with many eBay employees. 

Since they pinged you for having a previously banned account, my guess is they do not flush the data.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 3
latest reply