cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback?

I just wanted to know if i leave negative feedback wont the person just leave negative feedback back on me??? Ive never done it for this reason.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Negative feedback?

Buyers are allowed to leave negative feedback.

Sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback. They can reply to the feedback you leave them, though.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyers are allowed to leave negative feedback.

Sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback. They can reply to the feedback you leave them, though.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Major problem with Ebay - no protection for sellers. Buyers weaponize the feedback when it should be reserved for legitimate issues rather than something like sizing or color. I just had someone leave me negative feedback for $5.00 shorts because apparently, they didn't fit the buyer. No questions beforehand about measurements or any requests after to take back. Instead called me a bad seller via feedback after 25 years of only positive feedback. Ebay supported this buyer behavior 100% even though I did nothing incorrect as a seller and would have accepted the shorts back had I known. Even though it was due to the buyer not knowing their own size.  I have no recourse as a seller. If I reach out to buyer my only option is to accept the shorts back and likely eat shipping. Even then the buyer does not have to remove the negative feedback. I can only leave this abuser a positive rating.  Terrible policy and criminal when it comes to sellers. This unjust feedback will remain with me for 12 months. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bwwabbit 

fab_finds post is accurate/correct.

Problem for you is that you buy and sell on the same account and leaving neg feedback for a seller "can" turn around to bite you.

Some sellers exact a bit of revenge by in turn making a purchase from you with the sole intent of harming your account for leaving feedback that reflects their poor service/actions.

Buying/selling on the same account can be a fool's errand.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Agreed... this is a disgusting and abusive policy. I agreed to offer free returns to all my customers with the promise that eBay would protect me from abusive feedback. Clearly eBay's word isn't worth a dime.

I just had a return request which I responded to the same day. I told the buyer I agreed the item was defective (even though it is questionable). I also asked if they would like a full refund, or a replacement and they did not need to return the item (they didn't respond). Next day they closed the return and never returned the item and never told me to send a refund or replacement.  Then they left negative feedback against me, claiming I was angry, and I blocked their profile...whatever that means? I once again told the buyer I would be happy to refund their money or send a replacement item. I also asked for feedback revision. They denied the revision and would not tell me what they wanted me to do. Ebay will not remove the feedback even though they agree the buyer is unreasonable. I'm a 22-year eBay top rated seller with 99.9% positive feedback, 100% before this.

Joshua Trenge
Message 5 of 5
latest reply