cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sell more on eBay?

I am a new seller on eBay, and my total listing is more than 70, but still I am not selling, I have received only 1 order in the last 30 days.

So what should I do so that I get good number of sales and how can I increase my selling?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How can I sell more on eBay?

No sales is a complaint many sellers are posting about in this forum. 
You could try sharing your listing to social media.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Your listings for shoes need to be set up as variations listings so buyers can specify the size and color they want as part of the purchase process. And you need to include a chart which compares US, UK, and Aus sizes so buyers know what to choose. The listing needs to state whether the sizes are men's or women's; don't rely on the listing category.   And a "no returns" policy could be a deal-breaker for potential buyers who are concerned about fit.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/multiquantity-listings-listing... 

Otherwise, I suspect that the market for viking drinking horns from India  is pretty limited.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

People buy based on 3 things, I wish, I want, and I need.  Money is tight and almost all buy what they need now. I looked and you have iconic and expensive items and the cheapest is $32.00. It is no wonder you have only sold 1 item. But, you may do more as we are in the "Buying Season".

You offer a 25% discount code on some items, very good. Your pictures are focused and you do many, very good. But try to leave out other distracting items in the pics. 

Who is your target market? Is it a small sliver of Interested Buyers? Is it the items you sell or is it the price that holds you back? I put in "Medieval" in the eBay search and their are 540,000 items that were generated.

Have you taken each item in your research to see what others are selling it for on eBay or elsewhere? 

You may do well selling at Medieval Festivals. I see you are in India, and your free shipping has got to cost a pretty penny, which affects your selling price.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

A lot of your listings are to a very niche market and there are a LOT of sellers selling similar items. Most are in Pakistan or India. Compare your prices with some of the other listings for like items. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1701262180656.png

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@usaarmor 

Use your social media features to network your inventory.  Top right hand side of your page that reads "Share" What ever social media you use, attach your listings to it and let em fly.  You never know who's looking.  PS You may want to consider lowering your prices.  Not many people if any are going to purchase a bottle opener for $58.  I got mine free at the bank when I opened an account. 

Nice shop.

I wish you well. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@usaarmor wrote:

I am a new seller on eBay, and my total listing is more than 70, but still I am not selling, I have received only 1 order in the last 30 days.  So what should I do so that I get good number of sales and how can I increase my selling?

Have you taken an honest, objective look at your inventory to determine whether there is any demand for your listings? 

I searched Viking Drinking Horn stand and there were almost 800 active listings and only 65 sold listings. Virtually all of the sold listings were priced less than yours. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I looked at all 75 items you have listed and You have some nice things but like mentioned the prices may be a bit high. Maybe diversify with items. Maybe look into selling some coins or tokens. I have searched in the past on this subject and found sellers that sell will sell tokens by the pound. Also keep in mind the cost of shipping. Maybe something like Sports cards. Maybe go to some coin shops or flee markets, garage sales, or some kind of second hand shops and start going to them on a daily basis and look for small things to resell. Maybe ask some of these shops if they have some over stock items you can purchase at a low price. Maybe you get lucky and some place may give you things just to get rid of them. I wish you the BEST and hope you find what you are looking for.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I have about 300 items listed.

I average about 3 sales a day.

1 sale for every 100 items listed.

Sales have picked up a bit since November.

Different sellers selling different things will have different sales numbers,

but I thought I would share that with you.

I hope things pick up for you.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

One thing that hurts you is your choice of name.  You call yourself USA ARMOR and many of your items are branded USA ARMOR, but you are in India and the items you sell are made in and shipped from India.   Some people will see that as a kind of market manipulation with which they are not comfortable.

Another problem is, of course, the competition.  Replicas and reproductions (and fantasy pieces) are the stock-in-trade of thousands of eBay sellers from India.  An added problem is that it is not uncommon for these goods to be misrepresented.

A final problem is one that all sellers are facing right now:  Times are tough for a lot of people, and they have limited disposable income to spend on things they absolutely do not need.

-

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

You have nice items but not very many listings in an extremely crowded market. The items are popular here, but we have our own leather workers and armorers who make these things domestically so that's more competition.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yes, my friend, your doubt is certain but I have been doing and seeing this work for the last 18 years, so I have most of the knowledge about this work.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

So friend, according to you, what should I do so that I can get a good sale on my purchase?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@usaarmor wrote:

Yes, my friend, your doubt is certain but I have been doing and seeing this work for the last 18 years, so I have most of the knowledge about this work.

Well you are wrong.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Sell items people want.

Have a great day.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply