cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Sales

Hi there, I am here for a month now. Trying to sell clothing and home appliances. I have done everything which is stated in the 'best match optimization ' page of ebay. Still I only got 43 views in one month. Thats right only 43! Can anyone tell me what is going on ? How did you guys do it ? 

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell thier story. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

First Sales

@wearwolfshop 

Good morning

My experience is that January tends to be a rather slow month for views, sales, etc.  After the holidays most people are somewhat tapped out financially for the non essentials.  It usually starts picking up around Valentines Day and tax refund time.  

Nice shop.  Happy Selling. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

thank you. But 43 views is still way too low isnt it? I have to be doing something wrong. 1 whole month and no result. I literally have done everything. Same category has millions of dollars of sales, but I have nothing. If only I knew what to do.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

@wearwolfshop 

You are selling mostly clothing which is a very over-saturated category on Ebay.  You may want to lower your prices some.  Most others who are selling the same items are asking about 1/2 of what you are charging, plus you're located overseas in Turkey.  Customers don't want to have to wait weeks/months to receive their items.  They'll buy more close to home for faster shipping and convenience.  Same with the air fryers.  Your prices are a bit high and people will always look for the same item at a lower price.  

Enjoy the day!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

I looked at your listings.......to be honest with you....you are selling hoodies from Turkey at $44 that you can buy here in the US for $16 and free delivery.

At the moment your entire product mix of what you are selling is wrong.    I'm not trying to discourage you but need to change what you are selling.

HK

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

you sell common sweatshirts. I can find these same items from US sellers, and yours are coming from Turkey. If you want to compete for American customers, you will have to lower your price. There has to be a trade-off between price and delivery timing. If you were in the United States, and you had an option of paying the same money, but getting something quicker, wouldn’t you take it? 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

I hate to be so blunt and I mean no disrespect, but you need to sell better/cheaper stuff, stuff that people want to buy. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

As others mentioned your prices are high and you are selling in a saturated category. Combine that with the fact that January tends to be a slow month as ckimodog mentioned. I never really worry about view counts or watchers. Those numbers mean nothing if the item does not sell. 

You are located in Finland and appear to be drop shipping items from Turkey. Drop shipping is a risky business model and a lot of sellers don't last very long before eBay suspends their accounts. 

The clothing you are selling has a little bit longer shipping timeline to the US but not as bad as items out of other countries but as others mentioned your pricing is high probably since the shipping cost is baked into the cost of the item. 

The air fryers have some pretty hefty shipping costs to the US and virtually every retail store in the US carries multiple types and brands of air fryers. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1674135232319.png

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

I have to agree with others here that you offer nothing a U.S. buyer would order from you, for three main reasons:

1.  You are using stock photos and descriptions, which always raises questions about whether a seller has the items in hand or is drop-shipping with all the potential problems of buying from a drop-shipper.

2.  Your prices are higher than I would pay for the same merchandise from a U.S. seller. 

3.  Buying internationally raises concerns about long shipping times and shipping delays, issues with customs, big hassles if a return becomes necessary, and so on.

I know that sounds harsh, but remember that you asked.

-

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

Absolutely no disrespect guys. It's good to hear what I need to change. Thank you for your feedback. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

43 views in a month

no items, WOLF related, in shop called wearwolfshop 

Think about it,  Good Luck

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

Youre prices are sky high for dropshipped  junk and no one is paying $60 shiping on an air fryer. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

First Sales

Hello and welcome!

Took a look at your listings. You have 17 things up for sale. With so few items, 43 views is not bad, so don't fret about that. It takes time to get established on eBay, and you have the challenge of being an international seller. 

Your listings are great, except for a couple of things i would consider changing. One is the limited number of photos. For the most part, you are showing only the front view. Since the customer cannot inspect the goods, they rely on the photos to represent what they are buying. At the minimum, there should be both a front and back view. Second, I would put the actual item description first in the description field, the rest of the terms of sale can follow.

eBay is a brand-centric platform where keywords are one, if not the the most, important elements of the listing. Since you are selling unbranded goods, you are competing with hundreds of thousands of like items. How is the buyer going to find your listing out of a galaxy of merchandise?

Good luck to you, and wish you much success.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply