cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asked to cancel order

Buyer asked to cancel an order (sold via auction)

1. If I do not cancel, what happens?

2. If I want to cancel but I also want buyer to get a strike, how do I do?

Any additional comments or advise are welcome.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer asked to cancel order

After 4 days cancel the sale...has to be after that specific to the second timeline of auction ended.

Do not send any invoices out...period.

Block the buyer from future purchases.

Do not email this buyer anymore.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

After 4 days cancel the sale...has to be after that specific to the second timeline of auction ended.

Do not send any invoices out...period.

Block the buyer from future purchases.

Do not email this buyer anymore.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I agree with @12345jamesstamps 's suggestion but have an additional comment. His suggestion assumes that the buyer hasn't paid yet. If payment was made, my second suggestion applies.

Rather than just waiting out the 4 days, I'd let the buyer know that the order will cancel automatically after 4 full days. (This is assuming payment hasn't been made yet).

If the buyer paid already, there's no way. for him to get a strike and my suggestion would be to accept the cancellation request. You have a return policy anyway so if he's forced to, he'll either return it per the policy or worse, will file NAD (not as described) forcing you to accept the return as well as paying return shipping.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

LOL. When I did auctions and a buyer from Asia(China) won....the buyer never ever paid right away.

Sometimes, it was a week. LOL.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you @12345jamesstamps and @albertabrightalberta very much for your helpful replies.

The buyer has not paid for the item. He messaged me asking to cancel it as he will not pay due to "personal reason".

It has been 3 days since he won. I assume that tomorrow I will get an option to block the buyer.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The option to cancel based on "Buyer hasn't paid" will appear exactly 4 days (96 hours) after the transaction.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you @nobody*s_perfect.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To update all, the option appeared and I have done as advised. Thank you everyone once again.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply