cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION!

buyers at paypal have all the cards stacked in thier favor! i sold plants, orchids, to a man in texas...they were plainly advertised as being 'bare root', he recieves them, 2 days after shipment by the way,  and quickly sends me a nasty email, 'what is he supposed to do with bare root plants!! well, heck, thats how you sell big orchids!....so he protests to ebay, my funds are held up, and ebay surprisingly sides with me....then he goes to paypal...after 3 WEEKS, paypal issues him a refund.....he now has both my plants and his money!!! HOW IS THIS FAIR!!??? he had those plants 3 weeks, enjoyed the blooms, probably threw them in a corner somewhere and killed them....AND THEY GAVE HIM HIS MONEY BACK!!

i would never again use paypal. they do not offer any seller protection whatsoever....i dont recommend anyone using that service...better chances of collecting with a personal check than with paypal... good luck people...

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION!

What was his complaint?

If it was Item Not Received, did you use Confirmation of Delivery? I understand that Americans can get DC very cheaply when printing labels from PP or USPS, less than a quarter I'm told, so there is no reason ever to skip this.

If you used a courier, then the courier normally includes both confirmation of delivery and insurance against loss or damage in their fee.

If the Dispute was Not As Described, then you have the right to demand that the item be returned (with proof of delivery again) before refunding. Did you do this? Did he return the plants?

If he did not show that he returned the plants to you for a refund, then you have grounds for an appeal of Paypal's decision.

If he did return the plants, no matter what condition they were in, then YOU should have refunded, not PP, because then the dispute does not count against your seller account. If you  refuse to allow a return or if you refuse to refund on return and PP has to collect from you, the effects will show on your seller account.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply