cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lacefairy.com

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know what happened to lacefairy.com?  

Been over a month and this is the message I get   This site does not exist within the LDAP database.

Anyone know anything? 

Thanks Carolyn

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: lacefairy.com

I was wondering the same thing. 😞 I was trying to google it, and wasn't finding them. I thought my brain was remembering the wrong name.....so I'm so glad you posted this! 🙂 I thought it was just me.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Woman Sad  I had no idea. That's a shame. Something must have happened. I hope it turns up again.

meowmeow

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It's been awhile- -LOVED this site.   😞

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I know, what a shame! I visited every now and then, and I really wish it was still around. Hopefully it will come back. I just did a quick looksie at this site, but didn't spend enough time to see very much. Looks like it's a pretty good site though, and I'll go back and look through it more. 🙂

http://www.lynxlace.com/

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I will check this one out too

Lace Fairy was my go to site

Need a great lace site to ID lace-- 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Via the Web Archive a/k/a the Wayback Machine:  http://web.archive.org/web/20130630115244/http://lace.lacefairy.com/Lace/

I am responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you hear.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Thanks HC! That goes back to Lacefairy!! At first it gave that error message, but I waited a few seconds and it went back to the site, yay!
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Thank you!  That is great-- I did have it bookmarked but also Googled it and was coming up with the same message-- 

thank you again

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

HOORAY & HALLELUJAH!!!  I have been trying for several days to find it, but without success.  Thank you so much.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Just a note rearding the"lacefairy" website: given it is an archived website, she has probably discontinued the site.  There's no guarantee that the archived site will always be available (it may be, but you never know).  Such a drag - love her site.

Although it's a time consuming task,  it might be wise to copy the pages or even save them to your computer as  .pdf files (on a Mac you go to print, then from the pull down menu on the bottom of the next window, select save as .pdf).  Make a new folder to save them in before you start so they are easy to access - you can combine them into one document that is searchable afterwards if you like.  The only drawback here (besides time) is that pdf files are rather large.  I optimize them in Adobe Acrobat which doesn't change how they look, but reduces the amount of space it takes up on your computer.   Without Acrobat, you might try copy/paste, but I don't know if you will get the pictures that way.  Just a thought.  🙂  Helene

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

"Lace is as much about the space between the threads as it is about the threads themselves." ~Lori Howe. (1949-January 7, 2016)

With deepest regard, I convey what I learned only this morning (5/1/16), Lorraine 'Lori' (Giroux) Howe passed away early this year, at the age of 66, after a lingering illness. She is noted in this week's IOLI fb pg. Her pioneering fete of bring a vast knowledge base and gallery of samples to the internet reached far beyond her imaginings. Beyond the trade of laces in which the world's indsutry swim, many thousands of guests to 'LaceFairy' found her pages a gift - to hobbyist, artisan, expert collector and curator alike. Walking her pages and discovering each sample's nuances spoke to us all of folks, no different than ourselves, through the ages. From cottage industry to royalty - to today, We see her iimpact in guilds, textile industry, academic archival reference, civic programs, county fairs, and globally online - even reaching auction forums such as ebay. As with any practitioner of an expertise, she would have been pleased to know her contribution was valuable to those who know 'the price of lace, as well as it's value'. Ms. Howe's acument has become our legacy, and she has firmly placed her baton in our hands. Let us rest our bobbins and needles in her memory a moment - and then with her same vigour, cross and twist them.

(A google of 'Lori Howe Lace Fairy' will yield many guilds, dot com's, and dot org's for those wanting other lace ID resources. for tatted items, try georgia seitz, for a huge free pdf library of vtg books and texts, see On-Line Digital Archive Univ AZ Griswold. Also see the (previously yahoo egroup) antiquepatternlibrary-dot-org for a thriving pdf-inages-books-history vtg resource. BLEN is international, LinkedIn offers locality based niches as well as searchable organizations, as do all social media networks.  DorisHale aka ebay-dhale123eme.)

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Unfortunately it has been gone for a long time now. 😞

meowmeow

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Hello, I just found this page by accident. I am Lori howe's daughter and I am pleased beyond measure to read this posting and had never thought to google my mom's name. We are now dealing with her estate and have not begun to touch her lace and Bobbi. Collection. I am beginning to sell some of the bobbins that I know she painted and priced but it's the lace which scares me to make sure I deal with appropriately. Does anyone know how and where I could find some support in this? And other feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

A side note about her site, her health was declining for a few years so it seems she let her site go. I was not aware that there was data that she collected that people was using, it's possible we could try and recover it and share which who,ever was carrying her torch. Please let me know if this is something that I could help with.

I am am overwhelmed by finding this today. I started a group on Facebook to honor her and gather the people together who has purchased some of her art supplies in case anyone wants to join. It's called Lacefairy Legacy Arts and crafts if you search Facebook.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am so sorry for your loss! None of us had any clue what had happened.

Unfortunately this board is very slow these days. The only thing I can suggest is you take photos of piecea and post a couple at a time and see if anyone can help you, but it will take a while. Plus some of the old experts are not around any more. But it might be worth a try.

meowmeow

Message 15 of 19
latest reply