cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz help ID vintage? floral euro sham-Carpet brocade textile material

Need help identifying these. They look vintage but doubt it.  They appear to have front of carpet like material.  Thx for helpIMG_8940.JPGIMG_8941.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

IMO this is not old. Looks like a typical decorator fabric from somewhere like Joann Fabric for a home sewer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I second that opinion. Nice, but not old.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for help.  I didn't really mean they are vintage so don't know why I threw that word in there I guess because floral design in person looks somewhat Victorian.  I have to stop purchasing textiles because I never get  one question solved and it just drives me crazy. thx

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What kind of information are you looking for?

I agree that both fabrics look like fabrics that are available to buy by the yard for home decoration, and the corded piping is also available. If there are no labels inside, then the sham was probably sewn locally, either by a person for themselves, or by a seamstress or decorator for their client. It appears to be quite well made. The large scale floral pattern has been popular for decades as I recall, as has the smaller-scale pattern.

If you want to know more about the fabrics, then please post a close up of both sides. I can't even guess what the "carpet brocade textile material" might be from the picture, other than floral, which you already know.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply