Needle Arts & Vintage Textiles
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Help, Please with Strange Linen Doily Set -- one has a pocket

Hello again, everyone. One of the doilies in this 4-piece doily set has a pocket, and I don't know what it could possibly be for. It's the smallest one at 9 3/4" x 4 3/4". Also, does anyone recognize the flower? Daisy? Aster?Thanks so much,

IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4325.JPG

Vintage tablecloth-Type of material

Hi, I recently purchased boxes of vintage and antique textiles. Among them is this beautiful tablecloth. Can anyone tell me what this material is? Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

image.png image.png image.png

Vintage Tablecloth - Help to ID Pattern, Manufacturer (if possible)

Hi! I'm trying to sort through a huge stack of vintage tablecloths that my grandmother and aunt left to me. I've kept some but there are just too many to keep. Can anyone help identify pattern or manufacturer - realize this may b a long shot! Also th...

pftc2a.jpg pftc3a.jpg
User avatar by Scout
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help, Please with some old Pillowcases

Can you please help me with these old pillowcases? Number 1. The fabric is shiny and very slippery, but it doesn't feel like satin to me. Could it be silk? Or something else? Number 1 closeup.Number 2. Also very shiny and slippery, and with a pattern...

IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3927.JPG IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3929.JPG

Please help with age and pattern

I’m a little out of my depth on this. I grabbed this at an estate today because it just looked and felt really quality and there were lots of old linens. I’m wondering what pattern this might be. It is super detailed with tons of color variations (I ...

1165084D-1189-4430-8563-5D0490173EEE.jpeg 8DBFA55D-C119-4E90-AC1F-2B794A311BDF.jpeg

Please look at my vintage hawaiian fabric

I have sold a lot of Hawaiian fabrics in the past but this one has me stumped. It was produced by VHY Textiles and is a hot pink floral. Thing is, there is tone-on-tone stitching as shown in photos below. Feels like pique'. Is there a name for this f...

DSC09102.JPG DSC09103.JPG DSC09104.JPG

Lace ID?

Cleaning up and found a box of nice old lace and decided to take the plunge and list on ebay. Man, I have forgotten so much. Spent most of yesterday pouring over my books and trying to remember stuff. Anyhow, I will be putting a couple pieces here to...

P1020477.JPG P1020479 (2).JPG P1020482.JPG
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors