cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to identify Victorian lace pieces

Any help identifying the style of lace that are seen in pictures would be greatly appreciated.  I've recently acquired a large amount of Victorian clothing, laces and trims, etc, from an estate.  These items were in a trunk belonging to the great grandmother who studied fashion design in the 1910s.  Many unique and unusual items that I have little knowledge about.  Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Looking to identify Victorian lace pieces

I can see your private message to me but I am out of town til June 1. I will respond when I return.

meowmeow

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks meowmeow
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The little rounded collar in the third photo looks like it might be Irish crochet lace. Don't know about the rest.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think I was confused what I responded to your message regarding which thread it was about. Sorry. I think we might be able to help better if the photos were better. You need really good, clear close ups so we can see what is happening. it is really impossible to tell much form these pictures. I'm sorry.

meowmeow

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I too think the collar is Irish crochet lace; the picots on the bars, and the roses are very typical.

@cathy1751 wrote:

The little rounded collar in the third photo looks like it might be Irish crochet lace. Don't know about the rest.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply