cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ruffled organza

Hello,

In spite of having 43 years of sewing experience, I have never worked with this ruffled organza fabric. It has rows of pre-sewn-on ruffles over the entire fabric. I am using it to make a costume for a faerie festival. It is a really expensive fabric, and I bought the last of it, so I don't really have room for big mistakes.

I would like tips for

1. how to handle the material while sewing on the machine, including best sewing machine tension and stitch size,

2. tips on keeping the ruffles aligned in the seam.

3. tips on putting in the sleeves. I plan to do the sleeves with the ruffles going verticle, not around the arm circumference, so the length seam will be no problem, but setting in the sleeve and stictching in a way that won't catch up ruffles in messed up ways might be difficult.

I only have 2 weeks to make this and a second costume for someone else, so any immediate tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help with ruffled organza

I hope you get some help here but I saw this post and figured I would give you a heads up that this board is very, very slow these days. Plus it is generally more about identifying fabrics rather than sewing tips., although some of the people do sew. Keep an eye out for a response but in the meantime since you are in a hurry, make inquiries somewhere else. What about the fabric place you bought it. I imagine they mightbe able to help you. Good luck!

meowmeow

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Help with ruffled organza

Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply