cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Please with this Lace Insert

Hi, everyone.  Is there anything interesting/unique about this decorative end to a 17x25 vintage table runner?  The decorative part measures 14" long to the trailing ends and 5-1/2" tall at its center.

Is there a name for the lace?

Any keywords come to mind?

Is there a name for the embossed parts, such as the trailing ends?

Does anyone else see a fleur de lis vibe?

Thanks so much for your help.

@meowmeow

laceinsert.JPGlaceinsert1.JPGIMG_4284.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I just noticed this. And honestly, my mind doesn't hold as much as it used to. lol! The insert I believe is filet lace. Then openwork embroidery. And from the description I am thinking it is a tea towel, not a runner. Usually a runner would have embroidery or trim or whatever, on both ends. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, I just noticed this. And honestly, my mind doesn't hold as much as it used to. lol! The insert I believe is filet lace. Then openwork embroidery. And from the description I am thinking it is a tea towel, not a runner. Usually a runner would have embroidery or trim or whatever, on both ends. 🙂

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much, my dear sweet meowmeow!  And yes, you're absolutely correct about it being a tea towel.  I've just revised my listing to  accommodate all of your thoughtful suggestions.

And thanks, too, for your comment on my comb pocket being converted into a pin cushion.  What a clever idea!  I've added it to my description.

Thank you...thank you...thank you!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Glad we can still help each other out here! 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I usually agree with you meow, but I think that this is a hand towel, not a tea towel for drying dishes. With all that pretty lace and the insert, probably a hand towel that was put out for special occasions.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think you are likely right. I really just meant a fancy towel but did not consider the difference between the two. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply