cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reimbursement under ebay vpp ?

I purchased a vehicle from an ebay listing on September 25. paid for it in full but sellers did not deliver the vehicle or its title and they do not respond to my phone calls or emails. I filed a request ( October 14 th ) under ebay's vpp , I was advised that my request was eligible / covered under the vpp and was assigned to an insurance underwriter . I provided all of the underwriter's requested written documentation in a timely manner as well as filing fraud reports with the FBI and USPS as I was instructed to do by the underwriter.. As of this date the underwriter has not responded to my phone requests or emails for an up date on the status of my eligible request for reimbursement for the non delivered vehicle and its title ? What to do ??? Please advise  your any comments are most welcome ..Today's date is Dec. 01/23 Thank you.

Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you actually find the vehicle on an eBay listing or somewhere else? If you found it somewhere else where the listing said eBay was handling the transaction and you paid with gift cards, you have been scammed. There was no vehicle, eBay does not work that way and no way to recover those funds. 

If you did find it on eBay, what was the listing number? 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/getting-started-ebay/buying-vehicles-parts-accessories?id=4639&st=3...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/motors-policy/motors-bidding-policy?id=4215&st=3&pos=2&query=Moto...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Not receiving a vehicle is covered if you purchased the vehicle on eBay and you and the vehicle and the seller are in the US or Canada and payments to and from were from a bank or credit union, and you used buyer diligence-pre-purchase research and inspection.

If the underwriter instructed you to file fraud reports then I believe you did not meet the eligibility requirements and you didn't  pay through your bank.

Please give us more details like the item number so we can look at the listing.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Not receiving a vehicle is covered if you purchased the vehicle on eBay and you and the vehicle and the seller are in the US or Canada and payments to and from were from a bank or credit union, and you used buyer diligence-pre-purchase research and inspection.

If the underwriter instructed you to file fraud reports then I believe you did not meet the eligibility requirements and you didn't  pay through your bank.

Please give us more details like the item number so we can look at the listing.

If it's the one they left negative feedback for, the seller is NRU and the listing has been been removed.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Contact the Alabama Department of Insurance because I believe that the VPP is underwritten by Auction Insurance Agency out of Birmingham AL, or at least it used to be.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your response..ebay item listing number ---394899166246-the seller has a 100% ebay feedback rating as well as a copy of the vehicle's then active ebay listing--Listing was for a 1963 Buick Riviera  with several photos .

Paying in full in accordance with the sellers payment instructions ( the seller's offered two methods of acceptable payment means I.E either by wire transfer or cashier's Check ) their terms and conditions as required by the seller's ebay listing..paid with a Cashier's Check drawn on my local USA banking institution and the seller's provided ( if by a wure transfer of funds ) their  bank's name, account number, routing number, swift code, and the seller's FULL contact information. 

Also I met ALL of the underwriter's request made to me, such as providing to them by APPROPRIATELY responding to the AGENCY REPRESENTATIVE'S  his ANY requests for DOCUMENTATION / AND PERFORMED his ANY ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN BY ME..I.E. complaints to the FBI and USPS, caps for emphases only.

Also I provided copies of the vehicle's title, my Cashier's Check, USPS proof of receipt of payment / delivery with the seller's signature indicating that they received my payment,  and offered to perform any other actions or to submit any additional documentation within my capabilities. Please advise if I have provide sufficiently responsive information to your much appreciated guidance? Thank you ever so much..Your further response is appreciated .

The underwriter is in Birmingham Al. Sadly no response from them beyond the underwriter's initial requests for pertinent copies of the transaction's documentation is in my OPINION indicative of their not fulfilling their  contractual requirements for covering buyer indemnification of loss..

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

T he seller's banking information as i note din my reply was for their bank located in Phoenix Arizona.  Sorry for not mentioning that .

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You need to get proof from your bank that they actually cashed the check.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply