cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just for grins, this is crazy, Scam City

Can I mention another website besides eBay?

If I can, then please go to offerup dut com and search for vehicles.

1000s of scams: so many nice vehicles you can buy for only 100s of dollars - CRAZY. offerup got facebuuk scams beat by 100X. Craigslist aint even in the game no more.

No wonder the warehouse runneth over.

I remember when EBM was cool - does Dan Kruise ring a bell?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have to go back 20 years to find the place to be "cool".  Between the board moderators and people getting tired of the endless discussion on scams, everyone left.

Whenever I have an issue with the board, I write to eBay's CEO.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

CL is still in the game. Not long ago I  saw 28 listings for trailers and 20 were scams. $810 for like new dual axle 7x16 enclosed trailers, $1,000 for fully equipped food trailers, $1,600 for like new Airstream Bambi travel trailer,  $600 for a horse trailer, etc. etc. etc.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is not new or surprising.  It seems like we average about one post per day from someone who saw a 2019 Honda on CL or Facebook Marketplace along with a sad story about a soldier being deployed or a widow selling her dear departed's car.  For that reason, they are giving you the opportunity to get it for only $1250 in gift cards.  Most of the time, the fish has not yet taken the bait, but sometimes they come here and ask about it AFTER sharing the gift card numbers with the dirt bag.  SAD. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As soh.mary posts,  it happens daily.

Some come here to complain about how eBay has caused their woes.

Some come to warn others.

Some come to ask what they can do.

I suspect there are some that are just to embarrassed by their own foolishness to come here.

Some of the scams likely involve different payment methods(not eBay gift cards), so those type payment sources likely get their share of duped individuals screaming at them as well.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I suspect there are some that are just to embarrassed by their own foolishness to come here.

should be...

I suspect there are some that are just too embarrassed by their own foolishness to come here.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply