cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too good to be true?

I am looking to purchase a motorcycle and I happened upon a great deal on craigslist. After negotiating he said he would ship the bike to me through using eBay buyer protection. The dilemma I'm facing is that it feels like a scam but he wants the money 5 days after I receive what ever he sends me. Should I just go with it to see if it's real since I have yet to pay anything?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Too good to be true?

"Cindy Johnson"....LOL! Gotta love the all-American-sounding names they pick! In reality, it's probably something like Naharitjab Mgombaygu.

$3500 deposit for a '95 Goldwing? What's so special about that? My friend bought a REAL '95 Goldwing for $3200....he's riding it around FL. right now....

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Tell the seller you want to pay with paypal, you'll never hear from him agan.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@royce_allen wrote:

I am looking to purchase a motorcycle and I happened upon a great deal on craigslist. After negotiating he said he would ship the bike to me through using eBay buyer protection. The dilemma I'm facing is that it feels like a scam but he wants the money 5 days after I receive what ever he sends me. Should I just go with it to see if it's real since I have yet to pay anything?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Be honest, now...  It was beyond a "great deal"...  It was STUPID CHEAP.  You were suduced by the cheap side...Which is what these scammers are banking on.  

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

follow your HEART for it affects everything you do

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@cepclpi_ecwztwxzvc wrote:

follow your HEART for it affects everything you do

Is that what your fortune cookie said? Mine said: "He who phart in church, sit in own pew".

Message 20 of 20
latest reply