cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling on eBay Motors - are you aware?

I listed a car care set on eBay motors and just sold it. I was told I couldn't send an invoice because it is listed in eBay motors and that eBay will send it for me. But I will never get a copy of that invoice as I could and would if I was selling anything else. Two days later the buyer hasn't paid and I tried to send a message and again..........I was prevented from doing that also because it is listed on eBay motors!! Is everyone aware of this? Did anyone else ever have this problem ? What's the deal?

I will never list on eBay motors again. I only did because it was the obvious place to list car accessories. Also asked the phone rep to tell me where eBay tells sellers these restrictions if one lists on motors. She didn't have an answer. Anyone have any idea where this is stated?

So I'm hopping on one foot till my buyer pays. Supposedly then and only then will I be able to communicate with my buyer. This is truly a case of SELLER BEWARE!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You have to sign out of eBay, & sign in to eBay Motors. Yes, this is stupid. You don't have to sign in to Motors to sell there, but you do to send a Motors invoice.

But, really, there is no reason to send an invoice, eBay does this automatically for you. If you do send an invoice, the time the buyer has is reset, they have 4 days after you send the invoice.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Doesn't your buyer have at least 4 days to pay?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Of course, but that wasn't the issue. My comments were about the restrictions in eBay motors on sellers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You have to sign out of eBay, & sign in to eBay Motors. Yes, this is stupid. You don't have to sign in to Motors to sell there, but you do to send a Motors invoice.

But, really, there is no reason to send an invoice, eBay does this automatically for you. If you do send an invoice, the time the buyer has is reset, they have 4 days after you send the invoice.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Now that was an answer I can live with! Thanks a bunch! Yes it is stupid and none of the reps I talked to knew enough to relay that. .......LOL......but I still will never use MOTORS again..........LOL............have a good weekend!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Still, unless you combine shipping, there is no reason to send an invoice, eBay Motors or regular eBay.  eBay sends the same notices to buyers for payment for them both. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I quit selling here in 2016.  Best wishes finding anyone who cares at eBay...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Well I took your advice and signed out and back into eBay Motors, but when I tried to get to the order in question, it took me back to ebay.com - which is ironic since I listed on Motors. 

Regarding the invoice, yes I know that they go out automatically but my issue was that I was prohibited from communicating with my buyer just because I listed (admittedly in error) on Motors. I can't send a message until AFTER she pays. After a motor buyer pays, a seller finally has access to messaging. Had I listed on ebay.com, sending a message would have been no problem before or after a payment. Why? I wish I knew. Seems like another ridiculous rule.

I am grateful to know that when an invoice is sent, the payment deadline resets. 

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, understand that one! 😞 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I never have to sign out of Ebay I send invoices only for combined shipping.  

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 10 of 10
latest reply