cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Part Lots for Specific Models / Submodels

Good afternoon.

I was curious if anyone here sells parts for specific models and/or submodels in lots and if you've had any success in doing so.

What I mean is, lets say I have 20~ different parts for a 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 13AXB, so instead of selling each piece individually, I just sell them all as a single lot, the obvious goal here being the buyers who are trying to restore, repair, or simply want spare parts for their motorcycle, UTV, ATV, etc.

Anyone have any experience selling parts in this manner and did it do you any good or did it prove to be too difficult / time consuming?

Thanks.

Bigmotormania
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have had very little luck doing it that way.  Auctioning them off and not caring what you get for them is a good way to get them out of your way, because someone wants them.  Typically though when I sell in larger lots and really want to make some money on them, selling them via FB or CL gives better results (although it does give you a lot of looky loo's too)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I find selling identcal items in lots doesn't work very well, even if it's the best deal ever. The guy who just wants one isn't going to buy it.

The best way to sell them is to make the add for a single part for a buy it now and also list it for how many are available. If the customer wants more than one they can then choose to do so.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

I find selling identcal items in lots doesn't work very well, even if it's the best deal ever. The guy who just wants one isn't going to buy it.

The best way to sell them is to make the add for a single part for a buy it now and also list it for how many are available. If the customer wants more than one they can then choose to do so.

Op said that they are different items from the same vehicle. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@autopartspuller wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

Op said that they are different items from the same vehicle. 

Oop's. I've bought a few motorcycle parts here. If you want to sell them in lots you want to make several different listings and sell them as assemblies as best you can.  Front sprocket with bolt, space and washer. Front wheel assembly, power head and so on. I like buying parts that way You usually get all the parts you need in one buy and if there's a spare part or two left over it's a plus.

Too much time in listing / selling one part at a time, unless it's some rare bike.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply