cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat rules violation from same sellers and no action from Ebay

Unreal.  I have brought a couple of sellers to Ebays attention who are violating the rules by listing their phone numbers in their ads.  Ebay removed them at least twice, and the same sellers just edit the ad and put the phone number back in.  I know I'm losing sales and have stopped selling that product on Ebay.  Why do I even bother when Ebay condones this behavior?  I hate Ebay!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017summer/listing-policy-updates.html

Only use eBay messaging to communicate with buyers

Buyers and sellers should always use eBay messaging tools (My Messages, Best Offer) to communicate with one another. By September 2017, sellers will no longer be allowed to include contact information, such as email, phone numbers, and social media links, in item descriptions, titles, or other eBay pages. We encourage you to remove contact information from both active and new listings starting now."

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I looked and looked and looked.

Thanks.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

No problem mr.elmwood.

I just Googled "can i put a phone number in ebay listings" and that was the newest result that appeared to be from eBay.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Ok, is it safe to assume we've established that it's NOT ok to list a phone number in a listing?

If so, can we discuss my original post where there are a couple who do this constantly with no enforcement of the policy from eBay?  

If there's no down side to doing it, why shouldn't everyone?  

Offer the potential buyer a 5% discount outside of ebay, using paypal for buyers protection?  Great way to save a few bucks eh?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply