cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

My son tried to buy a car he sent the money was then asked to send another 1,000 dollars for insurance he sent that then was asked to send more more money for customs from Idaho. He doesn’t have no more money to send so he asked for a refund and all he gets is the runn around. I have heard all the horror stories with shopping on eBay but u say money back guaranteed but all he get is no response or the running around how do he get his money back ASAP! I’m reporting eBay to the better business bureau cuz this is crazy! 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Refund

Too good to be true price? Pay with gift cards? Found on a different site than eBay?

If the vehicle wasn't listed on eBay than it's a scam and the money is gone.

https://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Big fat scam...Ebay had nothing to do with it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Don't even start blaming eBay  in any way, shape, or form because your son (and maybe with your help) fell for the oldest scam in the book. eBay had zero to do with this.

As for the money, it is gone forever and there is nothing you or anyone can do to get it back. It's vaporized and gone. Untraceable. Extinct.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Oh, my. Please help the next person's son by reporting the bogus ad on the website where he found it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Refund

@aljohnson9262013 

Sorry your son fell for that old scam, but Ebay had nothing to do with it.

Report the ad to the site he found it on and file a police report.

Once he gave the scammers the card numbers, the cards were used and the money is gone.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me guess:  Your son found the vehicle on a site other than eBay (craigslist, facebook marketplace, letgo, offerup, you name it) and it was such a good deal he thought he had better jump on it before someone else did.

The scammer then told your son the transaction would be completed on eBay using eBay's "buyer protection program."

Am I right?   Every transaction where a would-be buyer finds a vehicle on a site other than eBay and the scammer tells you it will be "completed" on eBay is a scam, 100% of the time.  There are no exceptions to this rule, ever.

All legitimate eBay transactions both begin and end on eBay.   

You son fell for the scam by sending money, so the scammers tried to get more out of him by telling him he had to pay for insurance and he fell for it again, so they tried a third time.

eBay had nothing to do with this scam.   The scammers sent your son a fake eBay invoice, complete with contact information for "eBay" which was actually the scammers contact info.

Expensive lesson your son and you will not soon forget.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Refund

How long would it have taken to discover this was a scam? Two minutes tops with a Google search and far less time than blindly firing off money. Greed and gotta have it now before someone else beats me too it attitude means common sense is out the door in a heartbeat before contact is even made with the scammer.

Even the FTC and FBI warn against these scams on their sites.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Refund

those Idaho tariffs are the worst, more than Russia even

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Your response not only was unhelpful, but rude, uncaring, and disgusting as well!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Refund

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply