cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what kind of part this is???

It seems like its some kind of tach adapter?  It has a late 60's early 70's Moroso logo.  I found a 73 catalog pdf on-line and didn't see it.  What would you call this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It's a converter for mechanical tachometers. Converts the mechanical tach to an electronic output. New they run $75 to $125.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It is a catalytic converter adjustment module for a 1987 Volvo 740 GLE with the 16-valve engine.

It basically adjusts the airflow inside the converter to maximize the horsepower and emission control.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@tony1963 wrote:

It is a catalytic converter adjustment module for a 1987 Volvo 740 GLE with the 16-valve engine.

It basically adjusts the airflow inside the converter to maximize the horsepower and emission control.

You seem to be some kind of 1987 Volvo expert......I must have a lot of 87 Volvo parts since you used this schtick not too long ago on another part I needed help identifying.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@jr-41ford wrote:

It's a converter for mechanical tachometers. Converts the mechanical tach to an electronic output. New they run $75 to $125.

Thank you.  I had a feeling it was tach related.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It doesn't take long to figure out the gig here.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you install the converter on a Volvo, it will compensate for transmission slippage.   sunglasses

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@jr-41ford wrote:

If you install the converter on a Volvo, it will compensate for transmission slippage.   sunglasses

That makes total sense!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply