cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed to fit, What a joke

Trying to buy a inner fender for a kia Spectra. The first one I bought sat in the box for a month before I could get too it.  Hung it in the fender well a couple of weeks after I bought to check to make sure it was the right one  but didn't attach the front of it because the bumper cover wasn't painted and installed .  Low and behold I go to finish it and It isn't right. Not even close.  messaged the vendor to give them a heads up. All I got was too late for returns.

I didn't ask for a return. I was just trying to give them a heads up that they were selling parts that don't fit.

The listing said guaranteed fit! Made me fill out the year make and model, yes this part fits!

So I eat this one and try again. Came today, same results does not fit even though eBay says guaranteed to fit.

After a hour of research and a good part number I come to find that eBays catalog is completely screwed up The only years that will work are 2007 / 2009.  All vendors that sell them here list them 2004 / 2009.  Not one of these vendors has the correct liner but all are listed as will work on a 2007 / 2009.

Just exactly what good is this guarantee to fit and who should I contact to get refunded?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Guaranteed to fit, What a joke

It does not give the Not as described selection. Must be a motors guaranteed to fit thing.  Only  other choice is it doesn't fit. That said I contacted the seller on the second one I bought. They replied and I kindly tried to explain that their listing was wrong and that a 2006 won't work on a 2009. Not even close. They replied in broken English that the part did fit my car and then promptly refunded me and told me to keep it.

It's not just the one part, it's bumper covers fenders, all of it.

It's a shame.  A Whole make and model of a car completely messed up on here.

I know when I was a seller on here selling outboard parts I did my own research as to what fit what. Some sellers must have done this with these parts because a few got it right. Most do not.

You would think that along the line somewhere someone would look at the other listings and notice this.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Guaranteed to fit, What a joke

You have to assume that someone cares.  They don't.  People rotate through eBay on their way to other careers.  Remember Simon on eBay Motors who got blasted by everyone?  While he did have the skill to be running the local Burger King, he really didn't understand eBay Motors.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply