cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Help !  Can't seem to find any help from ebay or paypal ?  Purhased an item paid for it through paypal using my debit card, confirmed by both, never received  my purchase, can't contact seller, not a member any longer, money has been deducted from my account.  Kinda a catch 22 position ?  Paypal won't do anything until I contact seller, can't contact seller because they're not a member any longer !!!

Anyone got any ideas where or what I should do now ???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fraud

open a report with paypal and ask them to step in. You will have to wait for whatever time frame they say I think around 2 weeks for the seller to respond. after that time they will get involved in the mean time contact your bank and see what you can do , reverse the charges etc. If this transaction was electronic and I'm sure it was , then there is a trail to an account with a name. There are other steps contacting the FCC and the FTC and I'm not sure if ebay is regulated under the better business bureau but look into it. What was the amount you lost ? weigh it against the time to recover your money or write it off as a life lesson. On a positive note Ebay is there for buyers protection not the sellers. Good Luck

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

File an item not recieved dispute with Ebay.  No need to contact seller.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

open a report with paypal and ask them to step in. You will have to wait for whatever time frame they say I think around 2 weeks for the seller to respond. after that time they will get involved in the mean time contact your bank and see what you can do , reverse the charges etc. If this transaction was electronic and I'm sure it was , then there is a trail to an account with a name. There are other steps contacting the FCC and the FTC and I'm not sure if ebay is regulated under the better business bureau but look into it. What was the amount you lost ? weigh it against the time to recover your money or write it off as a life lesson. On a positive note Ebay is there for buyers protection not the sellers. Good Luck
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Try having EBAY step in .   My situation was similar in that I purchased an item using Paypal.  Once the payment cleared I get an email from the seller saying they need to cancel the transaction due to the payment going to the wrong email (red flag!) ...Seller told Ebay that payment was cancelled due to a problem with my shipping address.  Interestingly enough, the seller is no longer on Ebay.   I contacted Ebay, told them my situation and got my refund back in my Paypal account within the hour. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply