cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know of any good resources for Vigtor gasket part numbers?

I have a few different new old stock Vigtor engine head gaskets. They all have a three digit part number (examples being 233 and 371) on all of them. So far I have had little luck in finding out what each of these head gaskets are for through eBay search or internet search. Does anyone know of a resource or resources that have all the Vigtor part numbers and the associated vehicles that they are for? I have to beleive they exist since I have seen other people list and sell them with the proper information.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Assume you mean Victor???...Check with Autozone or Advance...a good counterman can help you.....Or a NAPA store.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@bob-o-71 wrote:

...a good counterman can help you.....

This ain't the 70's anymore. If the 20-something kid behind the counter can't find it in the computer, it doesn't exist.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I did mean Victor.

I doubt that an auto parts store could help me with these. They are copper gaskets for antique cars, nothing modern. These gaskets are probably for cars from the 20's to the 40's if I had to guess. It is kind of late now, but I'll get some pictures up of them tomorrow.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have a 1951 Victor catalog, but it doesn't have those two numbers. The lower 3 digit numbers are tractor or industrial engines from the 20s-30s, and higher 3 digit are autos from 20s-30s.  Ed

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The numbers for all of them are 233, 371, 473, 966, and 1011. In my research, I suspected that the 233 one is off something like a tractor.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

233: unknown early 1920s
371: unknown early 1920s
473: 1924-1927 Oakland model 54 6-cylinder head gasket
966: 1936-1937 Graham 90A-95 6-cylinder head gasket
1011: 1936-1942 Buick 60, 70, and 90 8-cylinder head gasket (if this is a single gasket, it is probably 1011K.  If it is 1011KT, it is a thick head gasket.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Unquestionably! Thank you so much!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply