cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay supports criminal activity

grandmasteroompah
Enthusiast
I reported a stolen motorcycle vin to ebay and they sent me three ebay gobbledy-gook nonsense messages about their complete avoidance of responsibility, and accused ME of abusing the system. I forwarded ebay's reply to the Oregon Attorney Generals Office and asked for an investigation. Now the top law enforcement agencies can ignore the criminals, and it's business as usual for ebay.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ebay supports criminal activity - protection policy a sham

csh4bikes
Enthusiast
What makes you think Ebay has responsibilty to find your motorcycle?

What makes you think the A.G. has time to investigate a stolen motorcycle?

The proper place to report this is your local Police dept. They will probably give it a cursory look and if it does not fall into their lap they are not going to "hunt" for it.

Chances are your motorcycle has been stripped and disposed of by now.

Chances of you getting it back in one piece is about a million to one.

The best security for your motorcycle should have been full coverage insurance.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Tell us more. Why did you send a VIN to ebay? Did you see it listed on an auction?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I bought two pair of shoes on ebay. Both were same size and marked "in stock" at time of purchase. Paid for shoes and was issued a receipt. Two days later seller sends a note "out of tock.' but does not issue refund.

I contact seller. No response. Contact again - please send me shoes. No response.

Contact ebay, open case. Seller gets back "lots of problems here."  Who cares - send me shoes you sold me.

No shoes. No refund.

Escalate with ebay. Seller says he will refund, but never does.

Contact ebay twice. Ebay agreees I ordered shoes, paid for them, never got them or refund.  What about Buyer Protection Plan? Ahhh, not so much...

Calls with multiple individuals at Ebay who have clearly been educated beyond their mental capacity. No disagreements over facts of  case, but no shoes or refund. "We see that seller has said they will refund."  Yes, but that was two weeks ago. I don't have shoes or refund so why would you believe the seller will do anything they say when they have a track recod of doing the opposite??" "uuhhhhh...."

I ask: "So we have a seller that is dishonest. Why is Ebay is supporting criminal activity like this?"

Still waiting for an answer...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The answer was to file INR with paypal.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply