cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kawasaki W 650 Exhaust Mods to Make Louder!

Is there anyone on the list that has modified the exhaust of a 2000 Kaw W 650 to make it louder. If I keep mine I would love to do this. The bike has 2700 mi. on it and I want it to be more exciting by some sound. I hate to modifly the original pipes (because they do sound like the old Triumph 650 Bonneville) but might be interested in a used set or any suggestions?

Thanks Mike n Arkansas
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Kawasaki W 650 Exhaust Mods to Make Louder!

SmileyCentral.com
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I wouldn't bother, these bikes sound better muffled.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

hosmann95
Enthusiast
Great bike! I had a W650 for a while and really loved it. There were some web sites out there about the W650 that had links and information about different accessories for them. As you already know, they didn't sell many of these in the U.S. so aftermarket parts support is pretty slim. However, I think some of the bigger accessories guys, like Jardine, may make pipes for this bike.

Personally, I thought the stock mufflers on the W sounded really good... as the bike got more miles they tended to get a bit louder but never harsh. Definitely stay away from full-on open drag pipes, you'll mess up the power curve of the motor and they are just too loud and obnoxious in my opinion.

The other option is to keep an eye out for some stock W650 mufflers on eBay and burn out some of the baffles. Still stock but a bit louder.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If it already sounds like an old Bonneville, it can't get any better! (unless, of course, it was a Triple!):-)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

ksufan69
Enthusiast
I have a 2000 W650 with some Dunstall type reverse cones. The previous owner removed the baffles and I have to say it is loud. BUT, everyone who hears it really loves the sound and honestly a little rejet and the power curve is no worse for the wear. I am still getting over 45 mpg, I ride toward the top end of the speed.

Check out the bike www.fisherofmen.biz. I don't have a sound clip though...Might try to get one in the next few days.

Personally all my Harley friends think it is loud! LOL...gotta love that!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

blecccchh!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I ride toward the top end of the speed

Slow down...............65 is way too fast......:^O
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

65 is too fast?  Hmmmm...I found that when 'proper'  Europen bars are fitted, 90 is just right

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

are you expecting a response after 7 years?  

Spoiler

Message 10 of 10
latest reply