cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

757jonp
Enthusiast
Cool thread guys!

I was "invited" to serve in the Army by my friends and neighbors in '69. Stayed in for 22 years, finally retired in 91 as a CWO watercraft engineering officer.

Served in Vietnam from early '70 to mid '72 operating a landing craft hauling ammo out of Danang south to Chu Lai and as far north as Qua Viet (10mi to the DMZ), went into Phu Bai many a time, one time during a typhoon! (hey, y'all wanted ammo!)

Any old River Rats out there?

Used to ride all the time up to about 1984 or so when marrriage and kids came along. Wife just bought me a Sportster to play with as the last kid just left home for the Marines. Kewl wife don't cha think? I think I'll keep her....
Message 211 of 331
latest reply

eaglecanyon1
Enthusiast
Ron Cannon, reconron. I went to the nam with the herd in 1965 from the rock. I turned 19, july 28 in war zone D. I returned to war zone D for operation hump. I was there on nov 8th. I was only a few miles from where Niles Harris and his fallen comrads were. I thank Chriss Christoferson and Big and Rich for their honering those men. I carried that day, every day I spent there. I carry that day today.
Message 212 of 331
latest reply

dominickoneone
Enthusiast
1966 1967 CHU LAI,,SURGICAL I.C.U CORPSMAN,THANKS FOR THE COVER
Message 213 of 331
latest reply

sandeharr
Enthusiast
Missed the Nam experience by a few years enlisting in the Corps in "77". Finished by doing a tour in Iraq 04-05 with the AZ guard. Guess I just got to old for the fun and games. Now I'm back here working as a civilian contractor. I got a lotta love for all those that went before-during-and after me. I just bought a softail standard that really gives me some peaceful times when I need to destress. Keep the faith brothers and sisters.
Message 214 of 331
latest reply

Vietnam 1968, hauled diesel to Vung Ro Mtn to burn the perimeters and spent some time in NaTrang with the 63rd Signal Batt
Message 215 of 331
latest reply

Welcome home, soldiers.
B-)
Message 216 of 331
latest reply

roardragon
Enthusiast
U.S. Air Force 1970-73.Phang Rang AFB and Clark AFB Now a bum on a BMW........two wheeler. I didn't know BMW made something with four wheels till I passed one.....
Message 217 of 331
latest reply

TO ALL VETS; THANK YOU FOR MY FREEDOM, MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS.
Message 218 of 331
latest reply

rider123450
Enthusiast
was in plieku jan 69 to dec 70 camp holloway attached to 604th trans
Message 219 of 331
latest reply

coyotiess
Enthusiast
Welcome home! An old 11b worked off of LZ Stinson, Americal 1/52nd 198th LIB Aug.69 to Aug.70.A.O. from the Song Tra Bong river on the north, to Song Tra Khuc river on the south, from hwy 1 to the east to the Ho Chi Minh trail on the west.
I'm late but I get there just bought a 2007 FLSTC, and I'm loving it...........
Message 220 of 331
latest reply

coyotiess
Enthusiast
Welcome home! An old 11b worked off of LZ Stinson, Americal 1/52nd 198th LIB Aug.69 to Aug.70.A.O. from the Song Tra Bong river on the north, to Song Tra Khuc river on the south, from hwy 1 to the east to the Ho Chi Minh trail on the west.
I'm late but I get there just bought a 2007 FLSTC, and I'm loving it...........
Message 221 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
Wow
here we are 16 months after the thread started, new people still posting some for the first time.

I am so glad to see so many new posts here! So glad to see so many reaching out to others!

NHL88,, 😉

recipt,, we missed each other once again neighbor!

mcboulevardman, Nice photo, I can and will restore that photo for you if you would like.
You can either email me or post here. If I don't see the post right away recipt will email me, lol

Be safe guys!
Remember to thank a Veteran today
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 222 of 331
latest reply

Well, CJ, it's kind of hard to separate someone out of 1000 bikers. My picture was on page A6 of the SunGazette, on Wednesday, just entering the from the left side of the frame. I had a passenger on the back. There's always next year.
Ron
Message 223 of 331
latest reply

CJ, Are you attending the Vietnam Vets night at the Community Arts Center on November 10th?
Message 224 of 331
latest reply

goofymopar!
Enthusiast
nam vet, desert storm vet, kosovo vet. USN ret. submarine qualified. feel dearly for all who gave the ultimate sacrifice!!!!
Message 225 of 331
latest reply