Welcome home Brothers
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

glnut0
Enthusiast
company B, 86th combat engineer bn, phu loi-3/67, bearcat, blackhorse suoi cat, ben luc. TET OFENSIVE 68, OPERATIONS JUNCTION CITY, AKRON, EMPORIA, ALL PHASES..involved in the largest weapons cache during the war, the photo of wesmoreland looking down the barrel of the rifle on time or look or whatever mag it was, was from that operation, 3 stories deep, complete dental clinic, hospital...i was the operations NCO, sp5 jerry catron, monticello, ky----home in march 1968. i don't like motorcycles-they scare me....my wife told me if i bought another goldwing though she was leaving, i came home from bike week last year and the neighbor stopped me to ask about her, i said she isn't home, they said she left in 1992, i hadn't even missed her-the last year has been even better- i just found two more of my friends from over there, so far about 7 of them recently-thanks for all the support from all the soldiers and all the wars, and all you draft dodges kiss my proud &^%
Message 301 of 331
latest reply

glnut0
Enthusiast
was in phu loi march 67, then in apr went to bearcat cob 86th engr bn cbt with the land clearing team attached to us in july the we were all around thanks
Message 302 of 331
latest reply

glnut0
Enthusiast
VET 67-68,,,YOU DID WHAT I HAVE WANTED TO DO,,,GO BACK AND TRAVEL THE SAME PATH 40 YRS LATER I TRAVELED IN 1967-68.....PHU LOI, BEARCAT, BLACKHORSE, SUOI CAT, BEN LUC, BACK TO BEARCAT AND HOME. CO B 86TH ENGR BN CBT ENGINEER LCT- CLEARING HWY 1 AND 20 AND WHERE NO US TROOPS HAD BEEN..MY THANKS GO OUT TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED US, ESPECIALLY, THE BIG RED ONE, THE 9TH INF DIV, THE 11TH CAV...AND MR JOE PECK-PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON....WELCOME HOME ALL VETS,,AND AMERICANS-BLESS GOD !!
Message 303 of 331
latest reply

I was a USN Hospital Corpsman (HM2) Jan58 to Jan1967. I am Life Member of VVA. I was aboard the USS Constellation CV64, USS Donner LSD20 and Assault Unit #2. I think my 9 years in the navy was very beneficial to me and my family. Snowman, KC8JK
Message 304 of 331
latest reply

23931teeth
Enthusiast
I lost my Brother in 1967 in Vietnam he was a biker he taught me to ride and build Harleys I still have his letters describing what it was like. I thank all of you vets for your service. Many american people Treated you like you were dogs when you came home i still remember seeing people spit on returning soldiers. I still have and ride my brothers 57 pan he also taught me to rebuild speedometers Stewart warner 1950-1961 he left me with all the equipment to replace faces i was speaking to a vet over memorial day and he told me a speedo shop charged him 700.00 to replace the bezal and put in a new face with the numbers on the inside of the glass i picked up 10 faces at a swap meet they are dayglo green numbers with Harley script on the bottom. My father brought home a stewart warner Bezal press from WWII Only the army had these i will replace the first 10 vets cracked or unreadable faces for what i have into them i am permantly disabled and its the right thing to do i bought these before i became disabled so i have no use for them and SSI takes 4 grand for my medication 150,00 i can remove old bezel replace the glass face i dont have the gaskets so unless u do i will have to use the old ones i am capable of painting the black ring that goes behind it if needed i can no longer do anything else if you are the correct age and proof af serving in veitnam i have 10 and i will do 10 i prefer you live near the south suburbs of chicago or willing to travel i dont want anyone thinking i am scamming them and want there speedo you bring it to me i will do it while u wait and you can watch. There are to many people in this word now that care about only money or stealing your stuff so no ups no mail face to face and again i am glad you made it home but i know you brought nam with you wnd it still is
Message 305 of 331
latest reply

liljohn7575
Enthusiast
S-2 HHC 101st Airborne (served with Charlie Beckworth) 1967
2-2 LURPS 75th Inf 1968-69

Vietnam - a lousy place to visit. 😞
Message 306 of 331
latest reply

740bluehd
Enthusiast
I was in the USAF From Oct 71 to 75 too. Iwas Stationed 2 yrs in Altus OK and 2 in Spain.
Message 307 of 331
latest reply

I am so very pleased to see the difference in attitudes directed at our returning soldiers. When my sister's husband returned from Nam, they told him to wear civilian clothes so not to draw attention from the protesters that were camped out at nearly every major airport.

Thats BS. I will have to agree that it's great the way our returning soldiers are treated.
Message 308 of 331
latest reply

chopperjohn
Enthusiast
Hi Bros ,
I was all over 72-75 cant say i liked it came home a different person still cant find the guy i was before . I dont think i ever will. For all of you hold your heads hight . that is one thing no one can take from you.
Message 309 of 331
latest reply

69/71 (extended tour) 25th infantry div, (grunt) Tah ninh, cu chi, cambodia, hcm trail.
Ride Free
Message 310 of 331
latest reply

Welcome home brothers! 1st air cav 66-67 249scout
Message 311 of 331
latest reply

3weimies
Enthusiast
I'm not a vet at all, I missed Vietnam by a few years. But I do want thank ALL of you who have served the USA in all armed service.
Thank You. JP
Message 312 of 331
latest reply

fkdis
Enthusiast
Nam vet. Army. July 69 to July 70. Glad I went but would not want to do it again. Thank God the country is supporting active military personnel and recent vets so much better now than then. When you see one be sure to thank them and shake their hand. I know it means a lot to them.
Message 313 of 331
latest reply

hi,navy airdale here-72 to75 and still moving(sorta) arthritus through out the ol bod but when i get on my indian i forget it and enjoy.take care all, p417
Message 314 of 331
latest reply

364TH TAC DANANG, '69

AERIAL PORT SQUADRON
Message 315 of 331
latest reply