cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID 1945 indian motorcycle tranny?

Hi all, I bought a couple boxes of what are supposed to be old Indian motorcycle parts(and two spoked rims) at an estate sale. Searching the web as allowed me to ID most of them. So far I have not had any luck to ID this piece that appears to be a transmission with the number 9-54 on it. Can anyone tell me what it is? I have added a couple pictures to show most of the other parts that it came with. Serial number on the engine case starts with CDE which indicates a 1945 manufacture(based on a web search).

Thanks for looking at my post asking for help 🙂

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the looks.... tonight I found out it's a 1940's CUSHMAN scooter tranny.

Not sure how it got in the mix of Indian stuff but the sellers were simply going by what was written on the 2 boxes of parts.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for all the looks.... tonight I found out it's a 1940's CUSHMAN scooter tranny.

Not sure how it got in the mix of Indian stuff but the sellers were simply going by what was written on the 2 boxes of parts.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The pictured cylinder is from a 1930's era chief. These are a little harder to find than a 1940's era cylinder. Nice find.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

not sure how you know but thanks for the info... I thought all the pieces were from 1945 but will need to rethink that. Heads(where spark plugs go) are smaller then the cylinder.   hmmm

Message 4 of 4
latest reply