cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNOW - SNOW and more on the way

Up here in Ottawa we have now received 355 Cm's (11.6ft) of the white stuff with another 30-50 Cm's (12.0"-20.0") to be deposited over the next 36 hours, which should put us up about 12.6ft to 13.3ft It's been the kind of winter this year where we have to shovel and blow snow almost every second day. The only other place that may beat us this year would be Newfy where Pete is - How deep is it Pete? What kind of winter have you folks having? Jack -- Edited by jamajack at 03/07/2008 4:14 PM PST
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I'm almost jealous with you guys in ON and NF getting all these snowstorms and my new blower is sitting collecting sawdust. And we're called winterpeg. We're back to -30 C again (with windchill) But with less snow to melt spring might hit us first.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

We've had more snow and cold weather this year than I have seen since I was a kid. Global warming my arse! CJ]:)
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Jack, Well, I like some snow, we have not had much here in Maryland, and so if you can send some down here I would appreciate it! Charles
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Charles Between snow storms and then the cleanup I have had some time to think of a way of making some extra cash. Old retired people have the time think up these different ideas. Plan A: Go around and clean other folks driveways etc-- I Think NOT-- Plan B: Placing an ad on eBay auctioning Snow By the Gondola Load -- shipping extra-- not responsible for load being held up in customs--no returns--would recommend insurance against load melting. I accept Pay Pal--no cheques -- starting price $50.00 USD to cover Loader fuel cost, snow is free-- second, third and fourth chances will also be entertained. See what Cabin fever can do to me. Jack -- Edited by jamajack at 03/07/2008 10:54 PM PST
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Snow? What's that? I'm looking at a frozen lawn right now. There are a few patches of snow left though. Spring is coming..... B-)
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Jack How much for international postage or are you just shipping to the states. ]:)
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

crazyd37
Enthusiast
We didn't get much this winter either. It is raining again today and it is suppose to pour with thunderstorms later in the day. That's it!
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Been Hot Hot Hot here and the occasional flood but that's Australia, great one day pooring the next, ]:)
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
Well this past Tuesday we had 10" of the white crap. But did notice that the storm is heading for PA. sometime in the next day or so. That is if you believe the any of the weather people. Lou
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

50cm expected today. That's about 20". Wouldn't be so bad but we always have high winds and lots of drifting to go along with it. Winter is not through with us yet! God do I miss Arizona! B-)
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Supposed to be spring there and autumn here, we are back up in the high thirty's to mid fourty's during the day and damn cold during the night, what has happened to the weather all over the world, you guys in the far north need to stay warm and safe, bugger going out for anything. ]:)
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Pete Hope you got the snow blower all ready to go. I know what you will have to go through to get it cleaned up what with the wind and touring snow plows to fill the driveway three or four times. We just finished getting 51 cm's (20 inches)last weekend and what a job it was to clean up with all the winds etc. Our record snow fall here is 444.1 cm's (14.5 feet)and right now we only have 30 cm's (12.0 inches) more to go to set a new record. And we still have 18 days in March to go. Where's Dave with the NEW Snow blower when you need him?? Jack
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Jack, Remember the winter of 2000-2001 here on the Rock....666cm....21.8feet!!!! That was out first year back here from AZ. what a mistake! Today I blew into the wind, no choice, and the driveway is clear. The snow has turned to rain and hopefully it will wash away most of it before it freezes again tonight. I have no idea how much snow we have had this year, but it is not that much. Just enough to be annoying. And today I haven't seen one plow....yet. Barry, I hate you! B-) Yeh me to Barry Jack -- Edited by jamajack at 03/13/2008 8:54 AM PDT
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Pete According to Weather Canada you have received up to last night the 12 Mar 300.9 cm's (9.87 feet) of snow. That is from October 2007 to 12 March 2008 and you also still have the rest of March and maybe some into April before winter completely breaks. Can't wait for the big break here to get the Bike out and start touring. That might still be awhile, after the weather breaks it will be time for the "Honey Doo" lists. Jack Image Hosted by ImageShack.us -- Edited by jamajack at 03/13/2008 9:33 AM PDT
Message 15 of 21
latest reply